Pollarding Bradfords

treelooker

Treehouser
I specced pollarding for these 2 years ago. Second cutting at these points was a little rougher than I would have liked, but I expect it will do well, and look better in the winter as the years go on. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Pollarded Bradfords.jpg
    Pollarded Bradfords.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 26
Looks like a good start.

Where I used to work PT, one of the old timers who worked there brought me to his house. I could not recognize this one tree. It was a Pollarded Bradford Pear. It was awesome!

I am sure they will bounce right back.
The only thing I would add is the stem tracing. 6 or so to each main limb 1/3 rules in length and done with a sharp saw.
I ahve seen no difference when I have excised with a sharp knife and mini screw driver or a sharp saw.
Slows them down and if they are still growing to aggressively I go Scottish on their roots. Sharp spade and divide the pie up and sever roots at the drip line. We call it the Scottish prune in school.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Slows them down and if they are still growing to aggressively I go Scottish on their roots. Sharp spade and divide the pie up and sever roots at the drip line. We call it the Scottish prune in school.
yes a while ago i saw a landscraper sinking in the shovel at the edge of the beds. i was duly horrified, but the trees grew nicely. it took a while but i lurnt sumtin

Back