Oregon to the Florida Keys

Spanish Wells...been there! I thought Bermuda was small, that place is microscopic, but beautiful waters and fishing.

Did you know, that the founders of Spanish Wells were the Eleutheran Adventurers...who originally went to Bermuda from England but didn't like it and moved on, first to Eleuthera then to Spanish Well...I think. (seriously abridged history...)
Lots of Bermudian contacts down there, the Perry's especially, half the family is here, half there...the pastor of the local Bretheran church there is my good friend's uncle.

Amazing lobster fishermen down there, you should be right in your element!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Spanish Wells...been there! I thought Bermuda was small, that place is microscopic, but beautiful waters and fishing.

Did you know, that the founders of Spanish Wells were the Eleutheran Adventurers...who originally went to Bermuda from England but didn't like it and moved on, first to Eleuthera then to Spanish Well...I think. (seriously abridged history...)
Lots of Bermudian contacts down there, the Perry's especially, half the family is here, half there...the pastor of the local Bretheran church there is my good friend's uncle.

Amazing lobster fishermen down there, you should be right in your element!

I know, the SW fishermen account for 90% of the catch that comes out of all of the bahamas. They go out for 3-4 weeks at time.

We saw the artifical habitats they make for the lobsters...sheets of corrugated tin, fastened to 2x4's and weighted in the corners with concrete. They set them out on the sand flats where there are no other reefs, the lobsters settle out under them, then after they are grown enough, along come the SW fishermen, tip up the 'reef' scoop up the lobters and ha ha to the bank!
Mind you this was 20 sumptin' years ago...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that is the same way they are doing it today, trap might be a little different but same concept.

Back