Oregon to the Florida Keys

U-Pack from ABF quote on 14' linear feet of trailer for $6229 door to door, or save $2976 if it's terminal to terminal. Estimated 6 days transit time. The shipping terimial would be in Portland (275 miles) and the recieving would be in Miami (111 miles).

Medford to Tallahasse is 2800 miles, Medford to Marathon is 3400 miles. Provided that time is somewhat flexible*, I'd do it for $.80/mile from Medford to either of those locations. ($2240 or $2720) I'd self insure it, and could put the money in escrow with a member or with you prior to the trip if required as I understand I'm not very well known and somewhat shaddy in appearance and action :lol:

* As it stands right now I could have it to you in October.

U-Pack from ABF quote on 14' linear feet of trailer for $6229 door to door, or save $2976 if it's terminal to terminal. Estimated 6 days transit time. The shipping terimial would be in Portland (275 miles) and the recieving would be in Miami (111 miles).

Medford to Tallahasse is 2800 miles, Medford to Marathon is 3400 miles. Provided that time is somewhat flexible*, I'd do it for $.80/mile from Medford to either of those locations. ($2240 or $2720) I'd self insure it, and could put the money in escrow with a member or with you prior to the trip if required as I understand I'm not very well known and somewhat shaddy in appearance and action :lol

* As it stands right now I could have it to you in October.

Wouldn't it have to be crated first? I would hate to think what would happen to it In a box trailer with other cargo.

Nah, it would get stuck in the front of a pup trailer with another bulkhead added behind it.

Even if they were hauling it regular freight (not U-Pack), they would charge you full width and height of the trailer anyways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did Max call you Gigi? If not I think he will today or tomorow

Have not heard from him yet. John is negotiating with Morse Van lines. We have used them to move Hillary back and forth to Georgia. So far, the are the cheapest.
Thanks for the offer Carl, no escrow needed with you, buddy!

Nah, it would get stuck in the front of a pup trailer with another bulkhead added behind it.

Even if they were hauling it regular freight (not U-Pack), they would charge you full width and height of the trailer anyways.

Carl, some companies wanted it crated. As far as the trailer, we are not buying that, just the boat.

I meant the cargo trailer, GG. If they can't stack palletized freight on top/beside it, they (generally) charge full width and height for the trailer (normally 8'x9')

I have a guy in Chino Hills, CA that wants to buy my reloading setup entirely it seems. That'd only add 200 miles to "my" trip, making it a bit over 7k miles. If I handed it off to rskybiz that'd cut about 1200 miles off the trip.

willy could bring it to me and i'll make the run to chino, its almost time for me to go south for a bit,

whooHoo, Morse Van Lines came down to 1150.00 so if the boat is still available, we are going to get it.

If you need some help at my end, let me know. I can haul it to a terminal if need be. Going to Ashland this after noon for a bid

The boat has finally made it's way across the US and is in Ft. Lauderdale. We are deciding whether to go and get it or have it shipped all the way down. It all depends on cost. I can't wait to see it.

We are keeping the Branch Office here and shipping the Boston Whaler to Spanish Wells, Bahamas. It is cheaper to get the boat to the Bahamas than it was to get it here.

Ah, I just looked - I didn't know Spanish Wells, Bahamas was so far away. I sorta thought it was something you boated to, on the BO. What cute 'lil boat name will you give her? Who's the boss of that? You, or John? :P

Back