Oregon to the Florida Keys

vharrison

Island Girl
Anyone looking for a paid road trip? We want to buy a 13' Boston Whaler that is in Oregon, but getting it here seems to be a problem. If you are interested in the job, let me know. The boat does not have a motor but could come with a trailer, otherwise it could just go in the back of a truck. The boat is in Medford, OR.

I assume you've had Willie go check it out for you before deciding to buy it? Must be a special boat, I see small BW's all over the place around here.

~3400 miles between the two cities, ~6800 miles if I went.

Doesn't seem like it'd be worth it? Dead heading for half the miles seems expensive.

I've been thinking about some kind of road trip this fall. That's a little more driving than I was planning on. The Mapquest fuel calculator says $671 in gas each way in my pickup.

Yeah the timeline for completion would be important.

The good ole Civic could make the trip on ~$600 of fuel, but the trip would take a solid 2 weeks unless you were cranking the miles out for profit.

If you could get it as far as Orlando (or even North Florida) then I'd be happy to bring it the last 360 miles. It would be a nice little vacation for me and an excuse to finally meet John and Gigi. :)

I'm bored, but not sure I'm that bored!

105 hours 23 minutes / 6861.66 miles, Fuel Cost: $1203.08!
I think I'd be looking for a shipper at these costs. Unless we can set up the chain, two inch ball on the trailer, figure out what plug works best for everyone. I could meet someone at the CO border easy enough after next week (I hope) and run through Arkansas.

Too bad I sold the Honda Element already. The odometer read 88K and the title said 100K so I could have used an excuse to put some miles on it.

I have a guy in Chino Hills, CA that wants to buy my reloading setup entirely it seems. That'd only add 200 miles to "my" trip, making it a bit over 7k miles. If I handed it off to rskybiz that'd cut about 1200 miles off the trip.

I've been wondering for a long time when we would have the first Treehouse relay delivering something across the country. If Carl sells his reloading gear then it may just become a reality. :D

:lol: I hauled a pile of Wraptors from VA to Chicago back in July, only 750 miles though.

Reloading dude keeps asking me about the shipping costs, fawk if I know dude! 20 gallons of brass, press, bullet feeder, brass cleaning setup, etc etc... haven't a clue! Told him it shouldn't be more than $500... we'll see. I told him there's a slight chance that this trip might come through, I'd deliever it to him for $200.

Still waiting to hear a timeline from Gigi. I'm pretty busy with work currently, relative to a 10-14 day road trip, but I could prossibly leave in 10 days assuming I don't get yesterday's big bid or they're willing to work with me. (29 trees/3 days work)

Still, the financial angle for GG has me stumped, but that's not my problem to ponder. :)

Well obviously the boat is worth more to them than just the general financial value. There are thousands of little Boston Whalers available between South Florida and Oregon.

Sure, like I said, not my thing to ponder. If it comes or can come with a trailer, provided it's a reasonable weight, I can tow it behind my Civic and get 30+mpg on average. I came across the scales coming back into MS one time weighing 6klbs combined. That wasn't reasonable :lol: but I managed 27mpg through the Ozarks.

I figure the boat and trailer would be ~1500lbs?

Hauled the trailer back to the dealer 150 miles south EZ PZ. Did some tree work for an aunt, and hauled some cousins back up for a visit.
IMG_6672.jpg

Back