O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

uploadfromtaptalk1383350412195.jpg

Picked this up off of Craigslist. We already modded it to haul brush as well as wood. It has 4 gears and you have to run to keep up with it in high gear. It has an 800 pound payload and only weighs 330lbs. Power dump, electric start and 34in wheel base. I'm pretty excited to use it next week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It ramps up into I pickup very easily... But definitely need a second vehicle. Well see how much it gets used.

View attachment 50700

Picked this up off of Craigslist. We already modded it to haul brush as well as wood. It has 4 gears and you have to run to keep up with it in high gear. It has an 800 pound payload and only weighs 330lbs. Power dump, electric start and 34in wheel base. I'm pretty excited to use it next week.

That all sounds a lot better than carrying stuff by hand! I bet it works well for you.

Hopefully it is like a AT with a motor.... I probably wouldn't have bought this if it wasn't for your vids on that Stein. I hope it will be almost as versitle as the AT.

Merle,
just wanted to say thanks again for the heads up on those CF Geckos. :thumbup::D
Been lookin' for a while for new spurs, and from most of what I heard the Geckos were
the way to go. I took down a couple Oaks this afternoon using 'em and they did not disappoint.
The two biggest things I noticed were the SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT, and they were "whisper quiet"..... :|:
Here's a couple pictures.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9451 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9451 - Copy.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9449 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9449 - Copy.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9491 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9491 - Copy.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks guys,
to be honest I was skeptical, but they were for real. :thumbup::D
The story on 'em is that the seller is good friends with a tree worker who won them
in a raffle. He didn't need/want them so he had the seller put 'em on ebay to get "some"
money for them($300 and free shipping :O).
A whole world apart from my steel Bucks with Caddy pads. ;)
I appreciate Merle thinking someone here at the 'House could "benefit" from such a great deal.
Once again, another great reason why the Tree House is the best site goin'. :thumbup:;)
Unless you didn't figure it out by now, I'm REALLY grateful Merle. THANKS AGAIN!!! :greenjumpers:

Merle is good people.
He is helping me find a place to get rigging boots for the boys when we go to Cali next year.

I tried Willie SOTC's carbon Geckos when I visited him 2 years ago.
Promptly bought myself a pair when I got home.
Pasform could be improved but the lack of weight sure makes up for that.
GREAT spurs!!

Merle is good people.
He is helping me find a place to get rigging boots for the boys when we go to Cali next year.

GREAT spurs!!

Rigging boots?

Where and when are you headed?

Sorry: lineman's boots.
California, of course:D in june next year.
Me and the boys have some trees to climb after which I'm going on a 3 week "honeymoon" with my new love.
Renting a mustang convertible like last time I was there, and showing her the California that I love so well:)
I am sooo looking forward to that. Ricard's comment was: A fast car, a pretty lass and California, I guess life doesn't get much better for youm does it:lol:

Merle is good people.

GREAT spurs!!

Well said stig. :thumbup:;)

Back