O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Gas. I was on the fence. This vehicle didn't need to be a diesel. I tossed and turned a lot actually about what to get. This truck is for bopping around close to home. Wont see tons of miles. Wont haul trailers and such. Just something to kick around in. I like diesels, but when they break, they break expensive. This truck isn't bought with the idea of generating money. So I don't need the extra power and durability.

Nice chipper Mike! Congrats!
Saw a 1965 GMC 3/4 ton flat bed on the side of the road for sale today... In decent shape too... MY GOD I wanted that classic.. Cheap too. 351 V6 with stick... Stump puller special.

Finally got our new chipper today! Special ordered it a little while back. It is a 2013 Bandit 1590xp with a 213 cat diesel. Got it fully loaded with the hydraulic jack, hydraulic swivel discharge, and of course the winch. Sold our other one today so the timing was perfect. Almost feel guilty using it because it looks so nice!

GREAT NEWS! You are gonna love it

Thanks everyone! I thought about running some wood through it tonight but couldn't bring myself to scratching it up, it will have to wait until Monday haha. You are right Brendon, I couldn't believe the size of this machine, the 213hp is a big engine so its on a slightly different chassis and a different axle. Surprisingly it only weights 9,200lbs.

I bought an 05 F250 XLT two tone with 50,000 miles on it today. Havent even seen it yet. My car/truck guy will have it prepped and ready to go Monday. I cant swing brand new, but wanted something with lowish miles and a cheap price tag. A truck to go hunting in basically.

Make sure you post some pics when you get it Chris!

Wow! I thought mine was heavy on a single axle! I don't know why they don't just put 2 axles, that is going to be an off road anchor! Serious horse power, that's sweet

"They see me rollin".......

These things make me so sick with envy. The trucks we have available in Britain are so utterly useless. They are either compact with a tiny payload or gigantic with a decent payload but cost a NASA scale budget to run them!

The only 4x4 we can get at a decent price and running costs, you Americans would use for the grocery run.

:lol::lol:

Finally got our new chipper today! Special ordered it a little while back. It is a 2013 Bandit 1590xp with a 213 cat diesel. Got it fully loaded with the hydraulic jack, hydraulic swivel discharge, and of course the winch. Sold our other one today so the timing was perfect. Almost feel guilty using it because it looks so nice!

View attachment 50527View attachment 50528View attachment 50529

Damn it! These things make me so sick with envy too.
We can get them here easily but they are SO expensive and our pathetic trucks and retarded towing laws means we can't use them.

“Arborist climbing spikes” are listed on ebay right now with a day and some change to run for $300. The add reads new, carbon fiber, pictures show Geko. Aren’t those $500 plus?

Here's that 3/4 ton I picked up today after work. I forgot how horribly stiff these trucks are. Runs, and drives with zero flaws. Gotta hog out the gas tank hole vent. Wont let gas flow in steady without flowing back.

Back