MS201T

Stihl has raised their prices too much imo. I have a Dell laptop cause I don't believe that an HP is worth the $150 bucks more they are charging for virtually the same thing. I think that is just being a smart consumer. We'll see how the new Husky measures up, but I reserve judgment till I can see for myself.

I just copied some info I read. Just like the stihl Va guy said here somewhere, that he thought the weights were posted wrong on the stihl sites.

(The new 201T only weighs 8.1 lbs the 200T is 7.9 lbs. The weight rumor was about the rear handle version not top handle.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If this is the saw I'm pretty disappointed to see a fuel primer. Yuck!

58898d1299579451-stihl-ms201t-ms200t-ms201t.jpg

Yeah, that can't be the real thing, Stihl is written upside down on the bar. They'd never let a faulty saw like that get to the market.

I was looking up info on MS241 and came across this info on MS201T and 201

numriser0001n.jpg

Yep I'm deffinatly going to save my pennies this sping and buy another 200T! I talked with a Stihl rep at an open house at our local saw shop this weekend and he insured me it would be a unrushed transition with plenty of time and warning for dealers to stoke up on the 200T.

Was hitting Google images up for some pics today, had some hits in the US.

004.jpg

005.jpg

Stihlms201t001.jpg

Stihlms201t002.jpg

Stihlms201t004.jpg

Stihlms201t006.jpg

Stihlms201t007.jpg

Stihlms201t008.jpg

This one was without b+c but no clue about fluids in or not.
003.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the spring style anti-vib mounts they are deffinatly not as robust as the rubber mounts. Change sucks!

I disagree on that.
Back when I ran a lot of apprentices, I'd make a habit of changing the rubber mounts on the apprentice saws every year, because they couldn't hold up to the rough treatment fron newbies who though the best way to deal with a stuck saw, was to just tear it free ( I've had one apprentice rip a 460 in two!!).
The spring mounts take abuse a lot better.

Except for the top one on the 441, they routinely break once a year, metal fatique is my guess. I always keep an extra in the truck, they are easy enough to change in the field.

And I don't think anybody will argue against the spings being better at vibration dampening?

If this is the saw I'm pretty disappointed to see a fuel primer. Yuck!

58898d1299579451-stihl-ms201t-ms200t-ms201t.jpg
Some interesting news just popped up about this certain MS 201T as displayed on this thread with the upside down bar, sitting on a weigh scale etc.
Its a stolen test model. And there is another test model missing in Baltimore.
This one is being shipped back to Stihl as we speak!

Willard.

Back