MS201T

On a side note I heard Husky is releasing a climbing saw this year that is intended to go toe to toe with the 200T.

They have been trying, claiming that, and not succeeding for a very long time. I love my Huskys but I'm not buying one of their top handle saws yet. In fact I'm hoping to stock up on 2-3 new 200Ts this Spring so I don't have to worry about it for a good 6 years or more.

There is a new husky due out, possibly earlier with us than over in the US. Said to be released early summer over here.

I have seen and held this new topper, and it is a massive improvement on the current effort from husky. It is light and much better balanced than the older version but wasnt able to run the saw so cant comment on its performance.

IF the 201 is an improvement on the 200 though, and husky have targetted their efforts on challenging the 200, perhaps they are about to miss the boat again with this new effort?:what:

There is a new husky due out, possibly earlier with us than over in the US. Said to be released early summer over here.

I have seen and held this new topper, and it is a massive improvement on the current effort from husky. It is light and much better balanced than the older version but wasnt able to run the saw so cant comment on its performance.

IF the 201 is an improvement on the 200 though, and husky have targetted their efforts on challenging the 200, perhaps they are about to miss the boat again with this new effort?:what:

Is it the 540T your talking about? T 540 link

T540.jpg

Thats the one8)

They had it on display back in sept at our bi annual APF show. Seemed like a nice thing, but no one seems to have any reports on its performance.:roll:

i witnessed them demonstrating the torque ability on the new husky saw. they cut into a log that was about 1 and a half times guide bar size....stopped the saw mid cut, then proceeded to cut gain at full throttle without taking the saw out of the cut. now im pretty sure a 200T wont do that in most situations. this new husky could prove to be a good competitor for stihl if it doesnt let itself down in other areas

I'm tempted to get a new husky, I just picked up another 200t and fixed my other one.

Nice one Steve, when I was there I heard them doing that demo but unfortunately I was caught up "chatting" elsewhere!

The first thing I saw and didnt like about it, was the single sided hinge on the brake handle.

Sure is a light saw though.

Really cool thing happen today, while shopping for a new TV. I seen a new husky shop grand opening flag. Had to stop in and see.
Now this is on a Sunday and turns out to be my dealer friend I buy my stuff from south of me about 30mins away, he opened a 2nd shop 15mins away. We got talking and he never heard of the T 540 yet and I gave him the hear say from you guys and told him get one soon as he can to demo out. So we will see how long till the 540 is able to be ordered in.

What are you guys in the UK being told for a time line?

I also couldnt believe a shop expanding to a 2nd shop in these economic times. He bought a place with 4 acres and building on a main road with lots of traffic.

I wished him luck after talking about 30 mins and put my foot in the door for all the smashed , dead saws that get left behind. He stated only after he stripped them for parts. Which is cool because all I need is a crank and crankcase to build from. 8)

Stopped at my Stihl dealer today while out bike riding (it's only 7 miles away) and he was not aware of the impending replacement of the 200T with the 201T. I did get him to promise me a couple 200Ts in the box at a good price sometime next month. I'll store them away until needed.

Skwerl; said:
while out bike riding (it's only 7 miles away)

Up here you would need studded bike tires and probably freeze like a Popsicle in the first 100 yards :lol:. Your lucky dog.
Somebody out on the far west coast told me today they were battling mosquitoes already. :? :O

I only wish it was like that. I'm getting ready to go mix up a fresh batch of mix, fill about 6 5gal gas cans for the generator and get the plow truck ready. Their saying 12"-16" of snow with ice thrown in to finish the job over the next 2-3 days.

Stopped at my Stihl dealer today while out bike riding (it's only 7 miles away) and he was not aware of the impending replacement of the 200T with the 201T. I did get him to promise me a couple 200Ts in the box at a good price sometime next month. I'll store them away until needed.

Shoot, I'll take one. I pay $650 per up here in taxachusetts!

Jjkg btw.

Off the top of his head he told me about $550 each plus tax (7%). I don't do a hell of a lot of business there but I've bought all my Stihl stuff from him exclusively for about 3 years now. He knows I'm not going to waste his time.

They're a really great saw. I love working with them, but I think I'll give the new husky a try if it's significantly cheaper.

That is something I don't get.

Chainsaws are my primary tools. They are what I use to make my living.

One will last me 2-3 years, so I really don't care if it cost a few ( or many!) dollars more or less.

I just want the best there is!

Exactly, Stig. To this day I have never heard a single person claim that the Husky top handle blows away the 200T and by most accounts it is still a long way behind. I don't care if it's only $50, because the 200T makes me hundreds of dollars per week and I'm not willing to use a lesser tool for my primary source of income. I was thinking of shopping around to see if I could buy those two saws cheaper but again it's not worth the minuscule difference. Of course I want a deal, but I'm not willing to sacrifice performance in order to get it in this case.

As soon as my tax return hits i'm gonna get at least one more 200t.

Back