Mistakes, Accidents and Near Misses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My old boss and I went out on a quickie and were go call it the day after. It was a 90' leaning cottonwood about 3' diameter, just at the edge of the woods beyond the customers property. It was compromised at 10' up the trunk and neither of us were wanting to climb this one.

We set a line at the top and both us get on it and start to pull to see if we could snap out some of the weight in the canopy before we climb the rest. So we're engaged in a tug of war with this thing and on the third good heave the tree snaps at the trunk, right at the 10' mark. We both fall to the ground with him landing right on top of me— and here comes this tree falling right at us.

We scurry to our hands and knees, then to scrambling like Neanderthals on all fours before making it to our feet. It landed just inches away from our backs as we retreated.

What was funny is when we fell on each other, we immediately started laughing -and all the way to our feet and making away with our lives, still laughing the entire time.

True story.

Looks like he had been listening to Jerry Clower tell about Marcell Ledbetter! Most young guys have probably never heard of Jerry, he was a master story teller and comedian in the 60s and 70s who told of Marcell, a pulpwooder, going to a beer joint to get a cold drink. When they wouldn't serve him, he went back to the truck, got his McCulloch chainsaw and took the place. I know you remember him Butch.

"Just shoot up here amongst us!" "Knock 'em down, John"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-AX9QoFhEhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

This is the Jerry C I listen to.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FGuJ3tvKgo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

:lol: Been a few years since I heard any of Jerry C.

Same here...the Marcel Ledbetter chainsaw stories were always good.

In this one he did some heavy rigging with a piano.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UHEK4u-27TI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

Back