Scams and scammers!!

Treeaddict

Treehouser
I posted some live edge lumber on Facebook marketplace. A “woman” (probably a man in Indonesia) sends me a message through Facebook Messenger saying she wants to talk to me about it. I send her my cell number She says “for her protection please send her the authentication code I just received by text message”. I thought it was a little strange but figured it was something to keep people safe from scammers 🤣. I sent it. She said that it didn’t work and to send another number. I told her that that’s not happening and if she wants to talk to me, call my number. She insisted that I send more numbers so I called her out but not before discussing woodworking for a little while. The ramifications are not serious from what I gather with this scam. Still, time out of the day to deal with it. Stay safe guys and gals.

Attachments

• IMG_6307.png
    IMG_6307.png
    420.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6306.png
    IMG_6306.png
    419.7 KB · Views: 11
I had 3 emails from Amazon this morning. One didn't have a capital A on "amazon" in the address line. That's the one I deleted. Sneaky buggers.

The wife took a phone call from her "grandson" who then identified himself as her "nephew" when he was informed she didn't have a grandson. It's sad that some seniors have faded just enough to fall for this crap.

I like the ones that start 'Hi mum, I've lost my phone...'

The home phone scam ones were coming in hot about 6pm every evening. The hubby said right! listens for the pause, then click and the background chatter then says in a deep, authoritative voice '...town fraud squad, how may I help you?' CLICK!
For some reason they've stopped calling.

Back