In The News...

Sorry, Jim.
Of course the silly embargo and countless coup attemts had nothing to do with it.

maybe the US should take credit for how WELL cuba does in comparison to other latin american countries. I dont thk itis right for one dude to run a country for that long. thats just too damn long. man that would get soooo tedious. micro managing everything.

Anyway, active shooter at Ohio State campus, one shooter down one at large reports say. You would think the campus would be a gun free zone.

Twitter kinda reads like a snackbar attack, time will tell. CNN still waiting on orders from WH on how to report it.

Nope Stig. Cuba screwed herself.

Jim, as far as I know, we haven't even agreed on Cuba being screwed.

You see her that way, I don't.

They got a better working educational system than the US, better health care, probably a better standard of living, all told and now they'll maybe even get to elect their new president in a democratic manner, which again is something that the US can't seem to manage:lol:

Dang, forgot that.

Sorry, Jim. You are , of course, right.

Cuba sucks!

Actually, the place is weird, about 6 books for sale all about the revolution, people desperate for hard currency, secret service shadowing tourists listening to conversations, terrible food, the place is crumbling away. Nothing in the shops
I don't know how it compares to DR, Haiti and the like but it was fairly unpleasant.
People were nice and everything mind, lots of baseball, Salsa, etc.

Isn't West Virginia like....... a developing nation.......or something like that?

Edit, post before mine was deleted, so it makes no sense....

Well, Stig, why did you bring up the coup attempts and embargoes?

To point a blameful finger at the US for fighting yet another war by proxy, why else.

Keeping up the embargo for so long, just to appease a bunch of former plantation owning x-Cubans in Florida was one of the silliest things ever.

Think of all the great cigars y'all could have smoked:D

Everyone who wanted to leave Cuba has done so, right? (Except for those in Guantanamo)
Didn't the world court decide that the blockade was illegal? Funny how US citizens gripe about human rights violations from other regimes while we are perhaps the biggest violators on earth!

Yep. Far as I know Cuba didn't try to detain people in DDR style.

Talk about a screwed up place..............DDR.

One of the most intelligent humans I have ever met was Cuban, he was my biology teacher is HS, he also was involved in writing the AP physics curriculum for the state (a highly educated individual). His father was at odds with the regime so his family was sent to Spain and they then moved to Florida. My teacher taught himself to speak English from watching television while his Father worked in a light bulb factory each day.

He held no grudge with Cuba or Castro.

Sure, some silly little country gets involved between the two biggest powers in the world and decides to align with the country a gazillion miles away. Makes good sense.

Could have gone the other way but didn't. I guess Cubas decisions have no bearing in the discussion.

Back