In The News...

I tuned out for a long time but last I knew the msm was controlled by conservatives and everyone complained about that. When did it switch?

That was why I asked who claimed he was rich.
But as we all know, it is only propaganda when the lefties are doing it.

Sure must be fun being so rich, yet have to wear the same old ragged army uniforn every day....................!

Me in Cuba in 2002, taking a break from the indoctrination;)

Smoking a cigar and suppin' a mohito.

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 27
Cool photo. I used to have some nice artifacts from Cuba, gifted by my uncle who visited frequently. He gave me a box of Cubans when I was 16:D

"Bob"

Have I defended Castro's record? Did I say he was a good dictator?

All I did was point out the lie about his personal fortune which you fell for so gleefully.

It's strange that you have a chance to ask someone (me) who has actually been there about what it's like and you don't.

Hard to believe all them Cubans rode a bucket to Florida to escape paradise.

They went so they could join in the " oh wow, yet another US war by proxy" Bay of pigs failure.

Ever been to Cuba, Jim?
Maybe try and go, before turning into an internet Cuba expert.

You guys have been fed nothing but propaganda about the place since 58.

Should have smoked some good cigars instead of listening to it.

"Bob"

Have I defended Castro's record? Did I say he was a good dictator?

All I did was point out the lie about his personal fortune which you fell for so gleefully.

It's strange that you have a chance to ask someone (me) who has actually been there about what it's like and you don't.

Maybe Forbes has an opening with your name on it Mick, being you have the real info. As far as reading your book report on Cuba I'll pass. The wife and DIL have been there. Nothing I heard about the place tripped my trigger.

Ever been to Cuba, Jim?
Maybe try and go, before turning into an internet Cuba expert.

You guys have been fed nothing but propaganda about the place since 58.
Wow, I didn't know you were the resident Cuban Expert Stig. The folks that lived there saw it quite different from your perspective, but what do they know, they're not 5,000 miles away. Foreign celebrities, dignitaries and tourists are treated in an entirely different manner than the locals. Talk to real people that were/are under Castro's thumb. Whoops, I forgot, those under his thumb can't talk for fear of lifelong imprisonment. No freedom of speech there. Plenty of former residents here in Florida, for good reason.
I don't know where you stand on it, but I see great hypocrisy on the left here. They say we should give a big, fuzzy hug and boatloads of money to guys like Chavez, Castro, Ali Hosseini Khamenei, Hassan Rouhani, and other tyrants while at the same time speak of the manifold evils of Uncle Vlad. I believe it is wise keep them all at arm's length. Why do they discriminate against poor old Putin?

First hand accounts I've heard from Cuba all say that folks down there generally have a pretty good disposition. Not the fast food, video game and Wal-Mart kind of happy;) Plus, Cuba has the best doctors:thumbup:

It's odd to me how folks can't see that many of the problems in Cuba are a direct result of embargoes. Yet the US denied help from Castro and Chavez after Katrina. Why? Obviously FEMA had bungled the whole deal so why not take some help?

i guess you could compare it to mexico or guatamala or haiti or othe caribean nations. free is relative if you cant read or violent gangs run the country. as for a free population, we have the most people living in prison than anywhere else. our ratio of homelessness is much higher than cubas. ive never been there, but i also hear things before that it was wonderful for just a few, and abject horrible for everyone else. There was a brutal dictator and the mafia ran everything else. Bautista was cruel like Trujillo in the DR. but OUR guy. The cream of the crop under that system those are the folks who moved to florida. similar story to iran. we had our guy, The Shah. then we didnt and we punished them, they became more and more isolated.

Back