In The News...

That is a real pickle.

Letting Recep Tayyip Erdoğan blackmail us the first time was a mistake.

Now he'll play that game over and over, even though Turkey will NEVER be a member of the EU.

Start sinking the Syrian boats, it'll cost some lifes, but probably less that letting that "exodus to the land of milk and honey" go on.

Obviously, really bizarre stuff is in the new virtually every day, its a dime a dozen. This one though I thought stood out because it was so bizarre and awful it made the jump into lol funny (from a distance, not for the victims of course).

"Help me, I ate something bad" and then admitted it was "humans" as he spit out a piece of flesh"

This dude when full on nucking futz.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-face-biting-hallucinogens-20161123-story.html

Was ascension into the EU never in the cards for Turkey? Why was it even discussed? Placate the Turks?

Just dangling a carrot, really.

Stop putting people to jail for mentioning the Armenian genocide, stop mistreating that 1/7 of your population that are Kurdish etc.etc.etc and we may let you in.

Erdogan has put a stop to that. No way in hell is Turkey becoming a member of the EU as long as he is in charge.
Bad enough that they are Nato members.

In the last 10 years or so he has turned Turkey from being a secular state into a pretty hard core muslim one.

Doesn't go well with the rest of Europe, we are REAL tired of muslims...........real tired.

No, I read an article brought out from the USSR that said that Khrushchev was afraid of Castro, he thought Castro was crazy.

He was worried that he might have to destroy Cuba to keep them from doing something stupid that would force a war with the US.

As will most of the rest of the world's leaders, ours included.
What is wrong with that.

Say what you want about Castro, he is as far as I know the only revolution leader who has kept his promises after the revolution was over.

No, I read an article brought out from the USSR that said that Khrushchev was afraid of Castro, he thought Castro was crazy.

He was worried that he might have to destroy Cuba to keep them from doing something stupid that would force a war with the US.

Interesting. Never heard of that.
Ol' Khrushchev didn't have the best rep himself, sanity wise.

I guess it was right around the time that Kennedy and Khrushchev were deciding where to pull the missiles from. We would take them out of Turkey I believe and Russia would take them out of Cuba.

Knowledge of this enraged Castro, and Castro sent Khrushchev a message that he and Cuba were ready to die for the USSR in nuclear battle.

Khrushchev was mortified.

I just realized how frigging much I missed this place while I was in the hospital.

E0rdW2O.gif

How do you know so much history, Jim, 'specially for a young guy.

Back