In The News...

They bite, back in '76 there was a long hot summer in the U.K. with a surfeit of ladybirds, after they'd eaten all the aphids they got a bit bad tempered and bit.

Bad luck about the sepsis though, never heard of that before.

Helluva thing to have to admit to the pretty ER nurse when you show up for stitches..."how did that happen?"

eerrrrrrr...a ladybug bit me....

Crikey!!!

I sure as shit wouldn't live in Japan!

Visit, sure - but live there?

Nyet!!!

I think Jay is farther down, but I could be mistaken...

Thanks for the concern my friends. When I left early to go up into the mountains to finish work on the bridge, the TV news was advising all people close to the water along the northeast coast to run for it because of the expected tsunami. It was a big panic with the sirens going off and everything.. Pretty big on the richter scale, they said 7.3. Damage ended up being minimal and the big waves never materialized. Now they are saying it was an aftershock of the humongous 2011 quake that rocked the nation.

i'm pretty far away from the coast, but these devastating natural disasters have far reaching repercussions beyond structural damage and that to life and limb. Businesses can really get shut down, people don't want to spend, if they are going down, they want it to be while they are clutching their cash.

after the Fukushima chattastrophe there was a shortage of silky saws for a bit. The quality doesn't seem to be the same after that either.

Back