In The News...

Andre, it isn't the US protecting the Nazis. That is a very narrow interpretation..

Free speech is one of the foundations that the United States has been built upon. Any individual can speak freely and express almost any opinion without fear of the government restricting that right. Having the right has been decided to be more important than whatever words might be said by some person with unfortunate and disturbing thinking, as considered by the vast majority of others.. That includes expression by Nazis.

If you want to be a Nazi here, you can be a Nazi.

You can even be a gay Nazi. Just don't tell the other Nazis!

CHUGJzH.gif

Of course! We are all preverts! Ain't it great!

I will dance my American dance just for YOU!

tHSxndK.gif

I'd love to know what a buried live wire was doing in the backcountry.

You mean a transformer on the ground instead of the more common place up on a pole? Put there for future development? Defective, obviously?

Thanks.

It must have been for something.

I would not say defective, necessarily.

There are lots of power lines in the ground, either not feasible to run poles, or someone was upset that power lines would take away from the beauty of the place.

Ray would know lots more than me, but I would think that it was a distribution line that would have ended at a ground transformer for residential or some other use.

Interesting. But why do you say not necessarily defective? Even if safety wasn't a concern, isn't somebody paying big bucks to pump power into the ground?

I can only imagine that the bear or some other critter dug the line up and bit it, piercing the insulation. Or maybe it was daylighted by a wash out or slough off.

An underground line has to be insulated. At 2400 volts, a bear cub or a human is probably not enough of a ground to trip the safety at the substation.

The quote at the end is spot on.

“Generally, as Americans, we need to be more compassionate to each other and to understand and listen and just stay calm,” he said.

Yeah, if it were possible to get his hands on the plane's loud speaker, he could tell all the fookers in first-class that they are being allowed to disembark first to pick up their dead son. I bet that would shut the idiots up pronto. What happened was disgusting.

I did not know they could bite...I just read about them...they can and do sometimes bite with painful results, apparently. Usually just an irritation...but for the bodybuilder it led to sepsis.

ladybug-leaf.jpg

Back