In The News...

I'm pretty sure Max has posted about having two homes. A city home and a country home I thought? And he's posted some beautiful pics of that area. I assumed he was quite wealthy for a Russian?

No, it's common, even back when the wall was up, made the people think they had it better than the west, of course the soviets never told the population that the west had cottages too......

a story from my little girl's school that shares a yard with the high school. Both went into some lockdown today.
http://www.norfolktoday.ca/default.asp?pid=9146545&wireid=02592_Lockdown_2_142748

Not necessarily, it's easy to make a small fortune in Treework

You just need to start with a large fortune.

No Jim, no one goes in or out. Have to wait till dismissal. GF would go, I live in Brantford, about 20 minutes north of Waterford.

Talking about wars and refugees, the nine year Soviet war against the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, killed as many as two million civilians and forced millions of other people to flee to neighboring countries. How many Mujahideen combatants died is unclear, but certainly a massive number. That one war is on a par in the total cost in human misery with all the US activities that Andre earlier listed as his proof of being an evil empire. The Russian likes to offer up frequent criticism of the US for it's foreign policy, but never has a single word to say about his own country's foreign intervention brutality. The Russians fighting in Chechnya also created a large scale people having to flee crisis, the conservative estimate is in the hundreds of thousands. Reading about what the Russian military got away with in that war isn't history for someone with a weak stomach to read.

US supplied the Afghan mujahideen with money and weapons. Then came the Taliban, and as a result there was an Islamic state. The US has been sponsors by Chechen radicals. US sponsor of international terrorism.

What about all the Lithuanians deported to Siberia?

Can recall in that case of the genocide of the indigenous population of the USA?

Let's be fair now... The US was supplying weapons to the mujahideen in Afghanistan before the Soviets went in there, the red army didn't have to start what ended up being such a huge humanitarian disaster. There can be no doubt that the Russians now consider it to have been a major mistake, just like about how the rest of the world did at the time.

I would agree uith you, Andre, the whole thing was a mess as to who was supporting who and the bad characters in the mix, but no way the soviets have clean hands in the affair. Had they not gone in there, two million people would have never had to run for their lives. You brought up refugee crisis. Gorbachev himself called it a 'bleeding wound". How many Russians died fighting a war that dragged on for ten years and that they could never win? The spirits of the soviet soldiers tell the tale, poor moral, they wanted to go home. Poor moral leads to atrocities.

The US has been sponsors by Chechen radicals

That's right! ;) Most Chechens like the Americans. A few jihadists, but they hate everyone that doesn't agree with them. The Chechens as a whole have hated the Russians for four centuries, and with good reason to. Was Boris Yeltsin a drunk then when he flattened the city of Grozny because the people there dared to think to be free?

I don't agree with all of his positions, but liking Mr. Gowdy from South Carolina. He lets the double talkers have it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rdEkHd04msQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, that is why the Chechens have undermined the Boston Marathon - http://mirvkartinkah.ru/bostonskij-marafon-2013-terakt-na-finishno-pryamoj.html

You can't use those brothers as examples of how the Chechens feel about the United States. It's a very poor example, Andre. There are some islamic groups in Chechnya that have aligned themselves with the jihadist movement, but they are a small percentage. As I said, they don't just hate the Americans, they are against everyone that doesn't think like they do, and those two just happened to live in the USA where they could attack. They favored an ultra orthodox Islamist group, the worst kind. Only a small number of Chechens think that way, most Islamics there are moderates. Chechens that hate the Americans are the ones with Putin that have their hands in Russia's pockets. Ask the vast majority what they think about Russia and their answer is clear, since the 1700s. I guess your state operated TV must parade Putin's clowns in Chechnya to make the Russian people think it's different.

Despite all your attempts to appear competent is just bullshit. You are building their conclusions on Russia-based US media. This is not always true. Almost never. You're just an ordinary average American, who suffers from Russophobia.

Back