In The News...

If it is a widespread practice, it might be easier to join or turn a blind eye, than be the individual with an idea to stop it. Kind of the thing with politicians over here. A reformer gets elected, but the political environment is so inherently dirty, survival is based on joining the club. After awhile they get that same nervous look about them, a part of their brain devoted to not getting caught.

Terri, how hard would it be for a supervisor to discover that employees were doing that sort of activity? Wouldn't they have an idea that such could be going on? Would they be ignoring the possibility?

Where I work, it would be detected immediately. A supervisor has to approve every move we make. We actually discussed this at work on Friday after it hit the news and we all agree it could never happen at our bank. And we all question how it could happen at Wells Fargo. All of those 5000+ employees that were fired should all be charged with fraud.

I'm more worried about my dog.
Plus my shoelace snapped this morning, I blame the running dogs of the Americans, the British (manufacturers of the shoelace)

You will deny that the wild hordes of refugees from the Middle East in Europe - is the result of US policy?

Talking about wars and refugees, the nine year Soviet war against the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, killed as many as two million civilians and forced millions of other people to flee to neighboring countries. How many Mujahideen combatants died is unclear, but certainly a massive number. That one war is on a par in the total cost in human misery with all the US activities that Andre earlier listed as his proof of being an evil empire. The Russian likes to offer up frequent criticism of the US for it's foreign policy, but never has a single word to say about his own country's foreign intervention brutality. The Russians fighting in Chechnya also created a large scale people having to flee crisis, the conservative estimate is in the hundreds of thousands. Reading about what the Russian military got away with in that war isn't history for someone with a weak stomach to read.

I wonder how fast Max would react if someone in the US offered to fly him and his family here, set him up with a job and a place to live and become a citizen?

From the looks of the pics he's posted Max is living large over there, I doubt he'd have any interest in going to the USA.

Really? From what I've seen, it looks just the opposite.

Sheets for curtains? Spartan furnishings?

Do not want.

Just for you, Jim....

3ppg_T_image2.jpg

As long as I can pay my bills, buy some groceries and have a 'lil left over I'm happy.

I can't imagine being rich, but I'd learn to live with it if that ever happened.

I'm pretty sure Max has posted about having two homes. A city home and a country home I thought? And he's posted some beautiful pics of that area. I assumed he was quite wealthy for a Russian?

Back