In The News...

Well said, Justin. If we don't get to the root of these issues they will only grow more and more out of hand.

You've seen Jim haven't you? He is the bear.

The hurtling of the insults does nothing for the discussion imo.

Jim converses, regularly and interestingly imo.

Bob is elusive, always has been. But sparks some interesting dialogue at times. Also never gets all butthurt and huffy.

I pop in now and then and shoot from the hip. I'm hard to pin down because sometimes I argue all sides to an issue.

You've seen Jim haven't you? He is the bear.

The hurtling of the insults does nothing for the discussion imo.

Jim converses, regularly and interestingly imo.

Bob is elusive, always has been. But sparks some interesting dialogue at times. Also never gets all butthurt and huffy.

I pop in now and then and shoot from the hip. I'm hard to pin down because sometimes I argue all three sides to an issue.
You're right, I deleted it...

It WAS a joke though... a line from the same movie as Jim's signature.

Oh, sure. I will answer that one.

The mass migration of peoples from the Middle East should have never happened. They should not have been allowed to pour into Europe, but by the same token they should never have been prodded into leaving.

Look back through history and you will see frequent, massive displacements of people when the big Powerful nations start playing global billiards with smaller countries.

Like it or not, the Armenians did not mesh well with the countries they settled in. Imagine that, a group of Christians not getting along with Muslims.

Folks who have lived and grown up under Sharia do not mesh well in countries that practice the Western ideal of Rule of Law.

People can live together, religions and cultures cant.

So are you proposing that the immigrants be sent back to their native countries?

To me it seems like the hens have literally come home to roost... It would be the same here if it weren't for the geographical separation.

Mick, this is Jim here. Not the Esteemed Mr. Cogburn.......

If the French left in the late 40's, why is there a dog in the hunt? I am still genuinely curious.

When you've colonised a country for any time links develop, familial, cultural and economic.

A bit like links between the Philippines, Japan and the US for example.

Are they Immigrants or are they refugees? Can Europe afford them? Does their culture assimilate well?

Do they want to be Europeans? Conform to the laws and cultural Norms of the host nations?

I visit with an Englishman who moved to Spain. He is a Spaniard now, not an Englishman living in Spain.

Thanks for the answer Mick.

Do you think it was worth it? France getting involved in the "civil" war?

Personally, I think the French and the US supported the wrong side.

Over time, I have developed the idea that we went into Syria to push the Russians out of the only strong hold they had in the ME. Similar to the mess in Ukraine.

In Europe lines are blurred.

Wooden head who worked for me was Dutch who moved to France when he was 11, moved back to holland aged 20, then back here at 25. Spoke German and English, as well as Dutch and French,
You tend not to get too hung up on "what are you?" His passport said Dutch but it's just a bit of paper.
I might get Irish nationality if the brexit thing becomes awkward or French, who really cares?

Thanks for the answer Mick.

Do you think it was worth it? France getting involved in the "civil" war?

Personally, I think the French and the US supported the wrong side.

Over time, I have developed the idea that we went into Syria to push the Russians out of the only strong hold they had in the ME. Similar to the mess in Ukraine.

I think you're right, all part of The Great Game, the British electorate actually lobbied their MPs to vote against getting involved, and won! Democracy does happen despite rumors to the contrary.

There was an overheard conversation between Dubya and Tony Blair where Bush said "of course all of this is Assad's doing"
The US has always had it in for him and his Russian allegiance.

As for whether it was worth it?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Or a "candy ass" if you like to act big behind a keyboard.

I get that Mick. We get too hung up on labels here, when times are good we are all Americans, when times are bad we start throwing labels around.

What I get concerned about is when people dont want to be Americans. Faults a plenty, sure, but there are some cultural norms that you must conform to, IMO.

Women's rights, Rule of Law, and so forth.

Haha! There might be a slightly lower level of Damnation to consider.

As if one circle of hell is slightly less horrible than another.

The circle of hell that encompasses leaving Strongmen in power in these countries is the one I want.

Jim, read up on French colonial history before getting on your high horse, please.

Have you any idea how many people from the former French colonies are living in France today.

Or how long some of them have been living there.

How many generations does it take in your mind for somebody to be "French"?

That whole " Just stop immigration and send them all home" attitude is just a symptom of a lack of historical knowledge.

Sorry if I come off condescending, but really, you are mouthing off about stuff that you apparently don't have the background for understanding.

I won't even bother to ask His Bobness, because all the answer I'll get will be either a single line smart ass reply or a Popcorn smiley.

Should probably get around to " Willard " him.

We are talking about two different things. Have any idea how many "immigrants" are living in the US?

Well, there are not that many Indians, so I would guess a bunch. Yeah?

I am not advocating sending those people home.

If people want to assimilate and become Europeans, or what ever you want to call them, fine.

But why would you want a group of people that does not respect the culture of the host country? Thats puzzling to me. You more than anyone should like the idea of "freedom of religion". Is that not a good enough reason to protect what you have?

How do you pick them out?

Seems like that "truck driver" was "radicalized" in mere months.

Most of the young male trerrorists we've suffered from have been doing drugs, crime, alcohol, you name it, all the shit that gets you beheaded in ISIS, then suddenly............Booom, they turn into self detonating super islamists.

How do you find out in time?

And is the Bobster ever gonna tell us, what he would have done, had he been in the candy ass president's place?

Well, in my opinion, which will surely be cast aside as ignorant and bigoted, a country can give the civil rights back to the CITIZENS.

Next, pull the F outta the middle east, and finally, let the refugees live in their own countries.

I get ruffled by political speeches.

I dont get the idea of saying that the French must learn to live with it, while the politicians bomb and sell arms.

Tax the French, give guns and bombs to "moderates", suspend civil liberties, open your doors to the very people the politicians are trying to kill.......thats not something I would want to live with.

Thats just me though.

Nope, that is pretty much me as well.

Remember the last time I said anything positive about muslims?

Probably not, because I never have.

I justlike to point out that solutions aren't as easy as you and BoB ( HEY BOB; wher are you, we're still waiting for that answer!!!!!) seem to think.

"a country can give the civil rights back to the CITIZENS. " Sure thing.
Like I said before, how many generations does it take before they become "CITIZENS" to you?

France has tried to include North Africa into France since forever, so as a result of that they have lots and lots of North African CITIZENS.

Which ones of those CITIZENS do you want to kick out?

The rest is for tomorrow. Bed time here.
Thank God for Scarlett O'hara.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R-OoIvgtuzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can become a citizen in a Jiffy Stig. Someone who lives in your country that does not believe in the cultural norms, the rule of law, freedom of religion, and women's rights should not be considered a citizen.

Citizen and inhabitant and different things. But who cares? The direct actions of the Military Industrial complex and the Politicians elected to represent the people are endangering the lives of the people who live in these countries, citizen or not.

It would be very simple for us to get the hell out of the Middle East. Are we so racist that we think they cant do for themselves? They need the Christian West to manage shit for them? Every time we intervene, we make it worse. Every time.

Nostalgia for the old Colonial Days has no place in modern times.

I think when you use the word "intervene" you're confusing it with "invade"

Not necessarily against it you understand, but best to keep the terminology precise.

Back