In The News...

Candy ass move, imo on extending the 'state of emergency', now until jan 2017. If approved by the senate.

If it was a threat that the priminister was saying I'd have to live with. I'd be saying get bent on extending the state of emergency then.

Warrantless searches and house arrest by the police. I can't see powers like that not being abused or misused at some point. Especially when they're just extending on and on now.

Run them off! Where Jim?

Take some horses and ride around the banlieues with guns and drive families into the woods?

Get a grip.

Anyone remember the patriot act???

I don't really see the difference in "declaring" or extending the "state of emergency" Haven't we been in a global emergency for sometime now??

Anyone remember the patriot act???

I don't really see the difference in "declaring" or extending the "state of emergency" Haven't we been in a global emergency for sometime now??

I guess everyone else has. I like my rights, just as they are.

Who? I'm confused...

The frigging terrorists for crying out loud.

Door to door man. Warrant less searches, house arrest to anyone questionable. Like Santa only darker, make a list and check it twice. Find out who's naughty and nice.

Now I'm even more confused... Are you being sarcastic? I thought you were against the searches?

I'm not off the globe but I'm more like a sh-t or get off the pot kind of guy.

If you're my government and you're going to declare a state of emergency and extend warrant less search and house arrest powers to the police force, okay fine. But you'd better get on with the job, search, arrest. Make some f-cking progress or give me back my rights. Either enstate those powers and do something about the problem. Or if you're going to tell me I'm just going to have to live with the threat of terrorist attacks indefinitely, then give me back my rights.

Makes sense, Justin. Our patriot act is more or less permanent, and Obama signed in an even crazier one. It didn't get much press but had some odd clauses. Like execution before trial, legal indefinite detainment, if you have 2 weeks supply of food you could be suspected terrorist... Things like that.

Ha! Your convinced there is nothing you can do?

Fucknhell. This extension of " Le State Of Emergency" should be good practice for Marshal and then Sharia.

Good luck.
There you go, adding up 2 and 2 and making 5. (This is exactly what you do all the time)

I never said I was convinced there was nothing to be done. I said that the idea of "riding them sumbitches out" is ridiculous.

It's typical of when you assume your "John Wayne" cowboy persona, along with the argot,

Less Rooster Cogburn more Jim Conrad please.

Oh man, that's funny...

I love the forum dodgers. Seems nearly every time I ask a question that some (mostly Bob and Jim) haven't heard the answer to on cnn there is no answer. It's like politicians... Can't answer the question with an intelligent response? Just ignore and change the topic!!

Makes sense, Justin. Our patriot act is more or less permanent, and Obama signed in an even crazier one. It didn't get much press but had some odd clauses. Like execution before trial, legal indefinite detainment, if you have 2 weeks supply of food you could be suspected terrorist... Things like that.

Im not well versed on how many of your guys rights have been stripped away. But as in most things it seems if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Not saying that innocent people wouldn't/couldn't be profiled and wrongfully accused/detained or not. But imo that is the risk you run if you walk that fine line between appearing like a radical muslim(crazy religious, anti US, looking like the bad ass angry Muslim), and actually being a radicalized Muslim.

Are the people who don't do terrorist acts themselves but approve of those acts innocent?

Are the people who don't do terrorist acts themselves but approve of those acts innocent?

To me they are not. They are threats that haven't ignited yet.

So the next question then is how do you stop terrorists from having this large(huge and ever growing)pool of religious fanatics to draw from, without stepping on people's right to freedom of religion, speech and whatnot?

Also will the fact that the world population is exploding so exponentially mean that we'll just end up with more and more marginalized people who are going to commit more and more heinous acts for whatever reasons that their sad life may have influenced them to do so.

Pretty easy to get radical. When you have nothing worth living for, or have lived through awful things with no hope of the 'American Dream' at the end of the tunnel.

Back