In The News...

It's indicative of the larger problem with "news" today. The truth doesn't matter any more. Getting more hits and creating fear is the goal.

Well, they certainly scared the shit out of me.
But then commies scare easy.
If you bothered to read below the fearsome picture, they wrote " machete".
Kinda indicates that they are not buying it............or?

I kind of like that guys video. For its straight up nature. A unique look into the trials and tribulations of the contemporary tree tramp today. Which really hasn't changed much since I started. And also it represents a broad base of the gross work force in the industry.

The means by which we do our work change but our nature of how we face the challenge will always be different for all.

What marvelous things technology has given us. A garbageman is now a Sanitation Engineer. A tree-tramp, dare say a treeman, gypsy is now an Arborist., and the proverbial med student who finished last in her class is a Doctor.

Technology changes by leaps and bounds! ... but human nature sure doesn't.

Great post, Jerr.

Re verbiage, I always thought a tree tramp was a tree guy or logger who tended to continually bounce from outfit to outfit, as opposed to tree tramp being just another term for a tree guy, a guy who cuts trees for a living.

If the latter is accurate, then hey, I'm a tree tramp. I kinda like that :headbang:

I'm a gnarly skinny black birch sapling growing out of a crack in a 90' cliff-Man

I am sure they are proud.

Hey look! Our two sons!

One is a doctor!

The other? Oh.....he trims hedges or something.

We had such high hopes........

I’m fairly confident you’re trying to take the piss, I don’t see how if I’m honest.

I doubt you’ll clarify it, but if you did, that’d be great.

The west is drying up.... Lake Nicasio in Marin is a reservoir.. almost dry..
The Lake that is used for Mexico City is very low.

The SW in 50 years is gonna be a bit more sparse.

we need to go underground go dig dug!

Henny Penny

Henny Penny
Romans had that figured years ago. When in arid climate. Dig dug.

Yes my understanding was the aquifers in Cali are running dry due to heavy ag use.

Henny Penny
mexico is in a world of trouble with water. that wall is going to have to be a mile high here in a minute.

You guys are still not getting it. Yes, the natural aquifers (especially underground lake type) are suffering. The point I think Deva was making (and I definately am) is that our above ground storage is lossy and sould be underground.
The next idea they have are little black plastic balls that slow the evap.
Underground, you reclaim the condensation

Back