In The News...

Apparently folks get their knickers in a twist over the sight of a noose....you can’t make this stuff up...had there been someone IN them, I could see the issue. Just a piece of rope? Absolute idiocy. I think I’ll go hang one in the carport just for the fun of it. Might hang one in the maple out front too.

Why are people doing it?

Perhaps. But the swastika was the symbol for a regime. The noose was a means of capital punishment. Sure, a few blacks have been hung. Whites have been murdered as well. When I see a noose, I think of Clint Eastwood westerns...not racism.

Yeah, Mick. They hang them plumb near every day here....

No. It’s actually about keeping the snowflakes worked up. It’s working...

Like Bob said, the FBI has their top men on it. Some fool offered a $100k reward for info regarding someone hanging pieces of rope.

I’ll change the word habit for history.

Of course you don’t mind it, you weren’t the one getting lynched for being uppity.

Again...happens all the time... (not).

There are quite a few cotton fields in our area. When I pass them, I never see black folks out picking it. That era has passed. I never owned a slave and don’t care to.

Speaking of ropes and hanging, the last person I saw hanging in a tree was...ME!

Madness. 1981 was not very long ago. The KKK was and is an evil group. Interesting that a judge helped his mother refine her suit against the KKK and she won...had something to do with it being an "agency" which made it responsible for its members' actions. Wonder how "agency" applies to Insurrectionist-in-Chief and his responsibility for Jan. 6.

And the amazing thing is...not a single black has killed a single white....in Stig’s imagination. And what you fail to mention is that one of the guys who committed that crime got to sit in the electric chair for his last audition, and two others were given life in prison. You make it sound like they got awards for their actions or something....like Alabama approved of it. As often as black folk are hung around here, it's pretty much kept quiet. I've never seen it happening, but then I spend a lot of time at work and don't really do social media.

Last edited:
And the amazing thing is...not a single black has killed a single white....in Stig’s imagination.

I said that when?

I doubt that many of the strange fruits were white, but that is only my imagination.

You always cite that black guy from 1981, as if Alabamians lynch black folks every day or so. I can’t figure out why that intrigues you so much. The sight of a noose brings westerns or Halloween to mind. Never racism.

Because of the absolute stupidity of it. Someone hangs some nooses around a construction site, and work is suspended while law enforcement “investigates” the “crime”. I guess they have no real crimes to be spending their time on?

my time here is so much better now that I ignore the smith brothers. Thanks Tree09

No doubt. That ignore button is so manly...and I think it was TreeTX (Nate/Nancy), not Tree09 who suggested ignoring me. At least I haven’t seen that in Kyle’s posts.

I didn't suggest that, despite our different political views i get along with everyone here.

And to be clear, Scott helped me out big time when i was down and out, as did many here

Last edited:
Back