In The News...

Yes. I think so too.

Where I get riled up is the idea that if the other team is in power that we will have a much easier time.

Personally, I hate big business as much as I hate big govt. Big govt is not being held hostage by big business....they are full partners.

I believe the path towards equality is to buy local and pay with cash.

I don't think everyone should be equal, but maybe give us a chance by not letting the elite make all the rules in their favor might be nice....

So who should make the rules? The poor people? That's not how life works. Sorry, you need to earn the right to be a rule maker. Sitting on your ass collecting the same basic stipend as every other person in the country isn't gonna cut it.

You can have whatever you're willing to work for. That's the way I was raised and that's the values I will believe in and fight for until I draw my final breath. I don't want to be given the wealth that 'rich' people have unless I earn it. And I'm not willing to give away my wealth to people who haven't earned it. We aren't entitled to one friggin' thin dime unless we earn it. What pisses me off more than just about anything is people who want the power to decide what others need to do with their money. Nope, you tend to yours and I'll tend to mine.

So you believe it is finite?

Hell, its a wonderful fiat currency.....they can always make more.

I guess the first thing to do is demolish contentedness......cant have class warfare if you are content.

Screw equality.

of course its finite, its a pretty small earth. I suppose if your talking about the universe than maybe its infinite but we have barely made it out of out atmosphere so far. But absolutely our resources are finite. You don't strike me as always content.

Skwerl , so you think it's ok that the rich have made a law that requires me to pay $2700 for health insurance that basically won't pay for anything?

NnoGhN1.gif

Skwerl , so you think it's ok that the rich have made a law that requires me to pay $2700 for health insurance that basically won't pay for anything?

No, of course not. I haven't paid the first dime for health insurance since that stupid law was passed and won't until I can buy the type of coverage I want- voluntarily.

It goes back to my core belief that it is wrong for anybody to decide how somebody else's money is spent. Obviously there are some exceptions with necessary taxes, etc. But these days everybody and their brother thinks they have the right to decide how other people's money should be spent.

of course its finite, its a pretty small earth. I suppose if your talking about the universe than maybe its infinite but we have barely made it out of out atmosphere so far. But absolutely our resources are finite. You don't strike me as always content.

How much do you need Kevin?

Or is it just that others have "too" much?

I might get in power and decide you have too much.

Contentness? You bet...I struggle with that every day. I seem to be getting better though.

My current profit driven sustainability bent has changed the way I look at things.

Take the $2700 per month expense, multiply that by 37.5 times. And then pay that amount every hour of every day for the whole year. That's how much the Koch brothers spent on getting republican politicians elected last year. frig that shit. That's not capitalism, that's playing the game on God mode. 886 million dollars in one year to get some spineless yes men to do their bidding. That's not democracy. We are quickly approaching a point in history where if we don't stop it soon, we won't be able to, and we will have no one left to blame but ourselves. This isn't a partisan issue, this is the death and theft of what our forefathers built.

Since this is the news thread, start reading about the"paradise papers" that got dropped this week. First release of hacked stuff from an offshore law firm (of which there are hundreds) that helps the rich evade taxes, compiled by hundreds of journalists working together all over the world just trying to process all the information. Completely criminal what these asshats get away with, and how they refuse to pay their share of stuff, and the completely corrupt way they work. Let's bring back the guillotine.

There is no “they”

As Ed Thorman of this parish wrote, if you think there is some great conspiracy whereby “they” all get together and fix everything you’re wrong, it’s more frightening than that, nobody knows what the frig is going on, everywhere.

Never put any cash in your pocket and not declared it?

true.....
to evade is illegal.....to avoid is american

the whole health insurance does suck.....kinda of a necessary evil. Don't really have a answer but rolling without is recipe for disaster

Mick they make the system.

This. Over and over. That's more money than what everyone on here will make in their careers combined. And that's just 2 rich assholes. And there is a they. If you are super super rich, you are a they.

They Live, great film.

You know it’s not a documentary right?

Anyway someone is going to mention the Illuminati soon, so I’m out.

Crime is a repercussion of poverty that affects people. Gov't taking care of some people probably decreases crime.

If my kid is starving, am I going to break into some houses for food. F@#K Yes!

If my kid is not starving, am I going to break into some people's houses, probably not me, personally.

Sounds like an assumption. My assumption is that for every person the government helps, they hurt two more. Modern welfare has done more to destroy the black communities in America than any other single cause. Again, my assumption. IMO one needs to look past the immediate gratification and look at the long term results of government actions. Welfare is a perfect example. The TSA is another example.

Am I to understand that a criminal in today’s society isn’t a criminal at all but the “victim” of those that choose to work and do good?

Back