If not the tree biz, what would you do?

If you need any chemistry help, give me a holler. I've wanted to learn more about those for a while!! :D

Finding a way to make cellulose based ethanol from our wood chips would be way cool as well.

Except the only people I can find who are looking into it are in Australia. :?

BS weve got hippies up in mad river that are working on one now, wild eyed john and his friends have it started

That is a little late.
This local mill have been using a waterpowered engine since year 1500 something!

Attachments

• mølle.jpg
    mølle.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 71
Demolition for sure

I gave demo serious thought but decided on tree care. It's a tough business around here.

The guide thing was serious for me, just not suitable for raising the progeny.

My fantasy job would be F1 driver.

I've done a lot of fun stuff, most of which the industries have died. If no tree work, probably just be a highway bandit, live more of a hunter gatherer existence.:evil:

I can't really address this subject for the simple fact that what little tree related stuff I've done in my life time was not my primary source of earning a living .

Now it proved to be a good and relatively well paying secondary means to pick up spare cash I can't deny that fact .

Most of my adult working life has been centered around industrial based mechanical things ,mainly electrical in nature . To be real truthfull about it I really know little else .

However should I have my druthers I would be content to retire to my shop and reinvent the wheel should that occasion ever arrise that I could do so .

I think I would try for a martial arts instructor I am already a certified chef so I would like to do something to keep me active and in good shape:boxing:

Well, last Friday (Black Friday) at work we lost 300 management employees to the axe in the first wave of cuts. People with 10+ years were terminated, proving seniority or skills mean nothing to a large corporation. So maybe after the next round of cuts I'll soon be back to groundying/climbing if I can find a similarly aged partner in crime who can at least do some climbing. Or more realistically, go back to truck driving, which as Rocky says ain't bad paying. I've always wanted to be a copy editor, though. These days, with all the kids coming out of college with dismal English skills due to laxity in classrooms and "texting" on cell phones all the time, I just might have some promise!

I said chef earlier, but along those same lines, having seen Chucky's avatar, Id like to be a professional brewmeister!

These days, with all the kids coming out of college with dismal English skills due to laxity in classrooms and "texting" on cell phones all the time, I just might have some promise!
Promise indeed .There's a lof diff between internet and texting lingo from the real "queens " English . They are good with the formers but suck with the later .

I said chef earlier, but along those same lines, having seen Chucky's avatar, Id like to be a professional brewmeister!

Dunno, Topper, with hops right now are commanding top prices, only TOPHOPPERS would survive! :lol:

After thinking about it for a time... Archeologist would have been a good career choice for me if I could dream the dream. My road taken sure was interesting though. Hard to want other wise.

Back