If not the tree biz, what would you do?

I drove truck for a summer when I was 19. Hauled apricots from Patterson to Morgan Hill. I would get so impatient by the end of the day that if that truck would have went 100 mph, it wouldn't have been fast enough to suit me.

Trucking gets old, fast. But to each their own, and it can be great money.

I'd probably force myself to go to grad school for medicine. But I'll take a tree over a laboratory any day of the week.

I'd consider law school, being a bodyguard, or bartender if I didn't have my current degree. One or three of them are options if I get my issue behind me.

Probably go back to being a chef again... I know it's not like a fantasy thing.. But I do like the creative part of the work ... I really like tree work better though :D

I was a wildland firefighter before I did tree work but it kept me away from home too much to start a family. I went into tree work as something to do until I figured out what I wanted to do. I think if tree work hadn't have played out I would have returned to my original impulse which was to be a school teacher.

edit: If we are talking fantasy jobs, photographer for National Geographic magazine has always been the best job I could think of.

Most likely Hollywood Film Actor.

If I never got into trees I woulda probably been a structure fire guy.

or some kind of environmental field research gig.

Something related with firearms. Training or Gunsmith.

Would still be able to get out into the forest weekly and enjoy plants at home.

.44 magnum / 5 shot / snubnose below

Attachments

• 44_magnum.jpg
    44_magnum.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 59
thats a piece that makes me jealous of the gun laws in the US vs Canada. That seems like a perfectly legit firearm to protect ones self from aminals and bad guys, yet I am not allowed to carry one, concealed or not. sigh.

Well you'll just have keep using whatever has kept you safe from bad guys and wild aminals so far.

that would be distance. if I cant be near enough to them for them to get me, I am safe. :)

Jizz bizz, No probably work in the family funeral buisness.

Well you'll just have keep using whatever has kept you safe from bad guys and wild aminals so far.

I recently read that Canada has 3 people killed by bears every year on average, but 21 killed by domestic dogs.
So wild animals seem to be the lesser danger!

Chef? No maybe once, but I've cooked too many meals now.

Wildlife Photographer, with a big government grant.

Or, maybe start a Forum for Aussie tree guys.8)

I wouldnt mind being a product developer, with somebody else footing the bill and not doing another full time job as well. My next project is a wood chip gassifier or a permanent magnet motor Eric, need a job???

My next project is a wood chip gassifier...

If you need any chemistry help, give me a holler. I've wanted to learn more about those for a while!! :D

Finding a way to make cellulose based ethanol from our wood chips would be way cool as well. Except the only people I can find who are looking into it are in Australia. :?

Paul... permanent magnet motors have been around quite a long time. ;)

Yup but one that gives you more power out than you put in???? I have heard that it is possible and HAS been done so why arent they used??

Wagner Ill talk to you this weekend.

Back