Hunting 2013

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was a legend. Nothing like the clowns on TV. He was a wilderness buck tracker with a success rate that in unheard of.

Did you read any of his books? They looked interesting.

I remember reading of him, and being impressed. If I recall, much of it was done on snowshoes, tough old boy. A life like that after working an asbestos mine
, gives us all hope.

I thought he was a carpenter, could be wrong though. Quite a character

A woodcock picture.

This one is from today. Killed woodcock, a grouse, and a ringneck. Moved about 30 birds total today. Took some, but didn't get greedy.

Whats your dogs name? Is he an in-the-house pet when not beating the bushes with you? Cute!

That's Molly. She shares my pillow with me at night. She lives like a queen.

Jerry I use a 20 gauge. I combine all the breasts of the season and chop it very fine and make chili.

Cool pics Tucker. She's and english pointer from the looks of it? I've got 2 myself, not bird trained though, as I only got interested in wingshooting this year. Our season for pen raised sky chickens starts this Saturday. Can't wait to go, it'll officially be my first time hunting.

She is a German Shorthair. Next year, if you've decided you enjoy bird hunting, come up my way for a visit.

Figures I was wrong haha. Where are you exactly? Does PA support a healthy wild pheasant population? NJ has a few...but farm raised birds are really the name of the game.

A friend of mine just got back from Nova Scotia hunting woodcock with a guide and dogs; the birds stop there en migration, he said it was sublime

Woodcock pass through a lot of the east coast on migration. I saw a few in my headlights earlier. They travel at night.

No, we don't have wild pheasants in PA. Very few states do. I don't hunt them much. I happen upon them while grouse hunting.

I spent yesterday in the rain scouting a few Archery spots. Today I went somewhere completely different and killed a small five point Buck. He's probably about 150 lbs. I got a lung and the heart. He probably went 30 yds after that.

Laid some traps today. Only have 20 out. If work slows down Im going all in and putting 60 in the ground.

Back