How'd it go today?

The only way to get more aggressive clearance would have been to remove the elm and a couple of those scrub oaks. Otherwise you're just guaranteeing more issues down the line when they sucker back out. Overpruning almost never accomplishes the intended goal, it only causes the tree to decline and/or send out heavy epicormic growth as it tries to survive.

Nope, no pictures today. Maybe next time when you're in a decent size tree.

No removals, just a lot of severe pruning. I'll holler at you when I got a decent removal or something. Maybe I'll drop by and de-gall your trees.

Hauled a load of scrap iron today. We've got a couple guys here taking the remaining farm junk. They have an International truck with a three-point hitch log loader on the back. They are doing a really great job of cleaning the place up. I had a bunch of No. 1 so I ran it down in my pickup. $.10/lb was worth the trip. Cut up a couple of pines in a pasture that were knocked down by the wind this winter. Got four nice logs to take to work and mill up. Started cutting up my firewood pile. Will finish tomorrow I hope.

Fealing very pissed off today. I have re-torn a muscle in my shoulder. The initial injury happened a month ago- 4in tear & I have been doing everything by the book to aid healing. Work have been great - office & workshop time instead of my usual schedule, but I never thought lifting a 2lb plant post would tear it again. Back at square one I guess :(

I've got a frigged up rotator cuff, myself; it's gonna force me to change my career. When you say re-torn, it was probably never properly healed to begin with.

In retrospect I am certain that is what I did several years ago when I had difficulties holding a saw at arm's length. I suspect that is why I haven't been able to build up big arm and shoulder muscles in spite of how much I work them.

I did laundry yesterday morning and went to an 50th anniversary party in the afternoon. It was for a couple who rented a house and barn from me back in the 80's. Willie, he has a log truck and lives in Cave Junction now.

I cut a 1980 Olds Cutlass in two this morning. It belonged to a guy who used to work for me and it is pretty much scrap. Good trunk deck, tail lights, hood, etc. Gotta look into value before I take the whole thing to the scrap yard. I have the title but there are two liens on it. One I got cleared, but the other the company wants to know the original owner and his social security #. How do I know? The scrap yard won't take a whole car with a lien on it. Car pieces - OK. It took me about 1/2 hour to cut it off behind the back of the doors.

I just got home from Sam's Club. I picked up a vacuum cleaner, mattress pad and a few odds and ends. When I was trying to leave the store a black couple in front of me stopped in the exit doorway to fiddle, talk, whatever. There was another person and myself waiting to get out of the store and I said "Excuse me, could you please let us out of the store?" Well, the dude goes ballistic and starts yelling and screaming, cussing me out with his gold teef flashing. I was honestly scared since he outweighed me by at least 50 lbs. I just kept my head down and kept walking. I was shaking by the time I got to my truck.

I really need to get a CCP. Too many crazies out there and I hate being caught defenseless in a bad situation.

I had to take a couple of truck's to 'Bar None' auction San Bernadino because we got new trucks. One I really like is a 1991 GMC TopKick with a Cat(8.1) with a 18 foot box. If it don't sell, I would like to get it back. The other is a 2000 F-650 two door with a 14 foot box automatic. I think the auction is Wednesday. Whoever get's the GMC is one lucky guy!

I just got home from Sam's Club. I picked up a vacuum cleaner, mattress pad and a few odds and ends. When I was trying to leave the store a black couple in front of me stopped in the exit doorway to fiddle, talk, whatever. There was another person and myself waiting to get out of the store and I said "Excuse me, could you please let us out of the store?" Well, the dude goes ballistic and starts yelling and screaming, cussing me out with his gold teef flashing. I was honestly scared since he outweighed me by at least 50 lbs. I just kept my head down and kept walking. I was shaking by the time I got to my truck.

I really need to get a CCP. Too many crazies out there and I hate being caught defenseless in a bad situation.

Want me to teach you some ninja skills? I can teach you how to break joints, bones, temporarily paralyze arms and legs, and of course how to kill with a single punch.

There ya go, Brian. Problem solved!!!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9qYF9DZPdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real sorry to hear that, Pete. I'm still not right with the left rotator cuff tear of last summer, and doubt I ever will be 100% now. The long ago tear to my right shoulder has been a nagging problem for 35+ years.

LOL @ that mental picture.

Growing up on a farm with limited resources, you sometimes have to employ creative problem solving. While necessity may be the mother of invention, it is unlikely the mother of the Skunk on a Leash Personal Perimeter Device.

I'm waiting for Bill to turn Brian into a killing machine!!!
kungfu.gif

Back