How'd it go today?

I'm waiting for Bill to turn Brian into a killing machine!!!
kungfu.gif

I took me 5 years to perfect the death strikes I know and I study and practice daily.

I took me 5 years to perfect the death strikes I know and I study and practice daily.

Dude, do you practice at sounding like a douchebag? Cause your sure good at it.

Your a good kid, and I like you and your input, but drop the ninja stuff. It makes you sound like a Moron.

Dude, do you practice at sounding like a douchebag? Cause your sure good at it.

Your a good kid, and I like you and your input, but drop the ninja stuff. It makes you sound like a Moron.

Excuse me for taking pride in something I practice daily and have done so for 14 years. I also still study,because it takes almost a lifetime to master. How does me practicing Ninjutsu sound like a douche?

Sorry mate, I came across like an arsse. Not really what I wanted to do, but over here, talk of incredible martial arts skilz is a fast way to loose friends. Offering to show death punches on forums is the sort of thing 12 year olds do.

I didn't offer to teach death strikes, all I said was I know some [but not all] of them. I wouldn't dream of teaching them to anyone do to the seriousness of their nature and I'm not IMO qualified to teach those. Its cool man, I tend to get offended when someone insults what I put a lot of time, patience and money into, no biggie. I only offered to teach Brian a few simple maneuvers to put an attacker down long enough to get away. Sorry if I offended you, go forth in peace.

Brian isn't giving himself enough credit; he may not be large, but he's a solid little rascal. I bet he could do some damage, if he were of a mind to.

No, but this computer is filtering out the humour in my posts. My rejoinder about sitting on someone is a common riposte to the statement that someone could do damage. My apologies if it caused offence.

All this fighting talk is depressing. The last time I actively sought out a fight was when I was 12 years old and in military school. There was one kid in my class who was probably the only one in the school despised more than me, and I caught him stealing some of my uniforms. I went after him and ended up pinning him by sitting on his back and pounding him on the back of his head as hard as I could. When he moved his hands to protect the top of his head I pounded his ears. I beat on him for a solid five minutes before somebody pulled me off him. They dragged him off to the infirmary because he was bleeding out of his ears.

Ever since then there have been many hundreds of times I've wanted to pound on somebody but I've never been able to actually do it. I'm not sure I would know how to throw a punch today.

Just curious what your BMI is, compared to Brian. Something tells me there's not much of a diff, eh!

And for those who say "BMI's don't count," I say "Yes, they do!"

23.5 here, and proud of it.

Speaking of BMI's....I ran mine and found I'm overweight. How depressing!:cry:

Brian. I wasn't suggesting you would go looking for a fight. Merely, that if you found yourself in one, you could probably hold your own.

The last time I was in a proper fight was in junior high. I slugged a guy in the eye and broke my hand. We both rode the same school bus, and I was still wearing a cast long after his black eye disappeared.

True, in those days the material that went into a cast could build the foundation for a house. I still remember the saw being used to cut it off.

I am not a ninja nor a martial arts expert but, some folk think the death strike myth is, well, a myth. How does one practice and perfect it without actually performing it?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2509/is-the-ninja-death-touch-real

Anyhoo, my 2 cents. If someone is training and proud of their sport, more power to ya, there are worse things than martial arts to do with your spare time. :)

One of my favourite jobs today, Photinia hedge. Step ladder and extension hedge trimmer.

Up and down, up and down. Looked good when I finished, got paid, good price.

Stopped to put the cheque in the bank from the big tree last week and my truck wouldn't start. Lucky there was a little slope and I managed to clutch start it, and got home.

Starter motor is shot again, only had it done a couple of years ago. Looks like another non profit week. It was looking good for a while.:(

Was it a new one you put in or a rebuilt? Some rebuilt companies are kind of sloppy. My son got a rebuilt one with no hinge pin installed one the drive gear engagement mechanism. It actually worked for a while without the pin.

It was a rebuild. Old auto electrian just close to me, been going there forever. My father used to go there when I was a kid.

They sold out a few years ago, idiot bought it. The business just died, it's happened a lot around here. Within a mile or two you could get anything done but all the old guys died or sold out, only a few left now and they are always looking for staff.

Any good tradesmen head for the mines, they can make big money there and we end up with imports. I'll get it sorted tomorrow.

Back