How'd it go today?

I am not a ninja nor a martial arts expert but, some folk think the death strike myth is, well, a myth. How does one practice and perfect it without actually performing it?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2509/is-the-ninja-death-touch-real

Anyhoo, my 2 cents. If someone is training and proud of their sport, more power to ya, there are worse things than martial arts to do with your spare time. :)

Of course it is a myth.

The martial arts are full of myths and people who love to perpetuate them.

Like religion, martial arts seem to have a hard time waking up to the fact that we are living in the 21 century.

Hobbs cool.

I finally, finally bid some trees today that are worthy of cutting. Nice sized firs for around here about 32"-36" over 100'. I bid it tight to get it just because I want to cut those bastards down. Does that make me a bad person? Or just a bad business person?

Lol.

Oh and thanks to a fellow 'Houser I'm going to be cat wrastling after work tomorrow.

I'm tired of the small jobs too. This job is near my place which is partly why I bid it cheap. I'll take all the wood home, probably try and take it in millable lengths.

Yah. I'd like to make a kick azz entrance way for my driveway/farm lane. Something .............HUGE!!!!!

Gotta be tall enough to fit anything under it that I may ever own. I dream big!

Finished this one today. Two days, two men at 24 man hours total. We cut the area circled in red with brushers with weed eater string heads. Exception being the areas circled in white or whited out, and the driveways. Three homes. Those were mowed by the HO. Not our largest account but a good deal of high grass to slay. Probably push it out further where we have cleared over the last two years to mitigate brush growth in June. This is just to pass CDF and insurance requirements.
Collect the check and move on to the next. I think we will be about 21 days straight here soon with no day off. :P I am getting tuckered out.
Black clouds moved in, temperature dropped, wind kicked up and lightening flashes forced us to stop ASAP.

Attachments

• Herring.jpg
    Herring.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1
Had our planned rotten big maple over new $1.8 million sewage treatment plant dropped. Did I mention it was a big maple over a new plant. Duh, we're gonna excavate to bury a 1000, 1400, and 1500 gallon tanks beneath some really expensive stuff, right next to the trunk of a large, cavity-licious bigleaf maple.

The contractor is gonna cough up $2k for Asplundh to come with their big bucket truck. A lot of the debris will probably end up in the woods.

Instead, used the 1/2" amsteel and bucket truck to persuade the other big rotten, construction damaged maple against its lean. Dumped a medium WR cedar. Fished out hangers with a throwline. The bucket almost made it to the first branches on one of the Doug-fir we were up against.

Actual going to climb a tree tomorrow to get some out of reach deadwood over a Park residence in another DF.

Lot of windshield time, which is okay.

Next week we get to do some boat access island work for two days.
Du

Caught an ear full this am as I used my saw before AM:what: Sucked in the sense that all i could hear prior to firing it up was mowers and weed whackers:X Back to finish up in the am and meet with the county arborist, I don't wish to cut it but if I have to I'll be coming home with some very nice pine logs. used the 338 I got from John after putting it in my 335 body. Perfect timing looking at the scores on the piston of my 335.

Came home to pick plums till dark, two 5 gal pails near full. After making jam so this batch will be wine:D

I had to they are falling off, next year I will be smarter and save a bunch more with some way to catch all the ones that fall then split open!

I made out like a bandit in AB last week. Got the Banff contractor's big money gig and all of his residential work polished off by Wed., which was slightly humorous to me as he had told me there would be a full weeks work. The big gig was 10k and we had it done in 1.5 days!! I think imma asking fer percentages rather than day rates next time around:evil:

Finally worked with a GRCS. It's pretty obvious that it has great potential, but it is another thing entirely to see it in action. Just got to save the pennies now.

Picked up 2 days work at the end of the week with my old boss in Calgary; a nice stroll down memory lane. But, I sure don't miss it...there was barely a leaf on a tree out there :O

Today was good, apparantly there was some high drama on the Cotter ranch while I was away. Some miscommunication between a greenhorn and a salty ol' schooler and there was a near miss with a spar drop on Friday! Got hauled into a safety meeting in the AM and then a discussion after work...jeez.

Tweaked my back a little working in that blasted bucket truck again, pulled out a tiny dead pine branch and felt a lil pop. Currently a little sore, but I'm putting my souped up anti-inflammatories to use. Blasted tree work.

Oh and thanks to a fellow 'Houser I'm going to be cat wrastling after work tomorrow.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare kitty rescue. Best of luck, Justin!

Now you gotta run to get inferior product/services. Sad.

It sure is.

Got my starter motor problem fixed, had to buy a new one, $550 she starts quick now.

It was a blessing really, I could feel a vibration a few days ago after I tipped a load off but just put it down to being empty but felt it again yesterday on the motorway.

Today I had the hoist up to get better access and had a look around. I had the diff centre replaced a few weeks ago and guess what, all the tailshaft bolts were loose. That company is the best truck repair one around, but the same story, they can't get good tradesmen.:pathetic:

I rang them, the boss was out and so was the foreman. No call back yet.

That company is the best truck repair one around, but the same story, they can't get good tradesmen.:pathetic:
That situation will most likey get worse before it gets better .Seems like everyone wants to sit on their butts behind a computer screen but nobody wants to turn wrenchs .Until they sweeten the pot with a little money it won't get any better as time goes on .

I've always been a champion of the working man but it seems the general public thinks no more of the skilled trades person than they do the trash collector . That will turn around one of these days when somone gets the bright idea you can't find good mechanics for 12 bucks an hour .

I finished early today, was done by 2pm and then spent six hours running errands. Feels good to be almost caught up for the moment. I have some big removals coming up for the next three days so I think I'll drag out the 880 and see if I can find an excuse to fire it up.

Finished up early today also.. Just had a bunch of running errands to do on the way home... I personally like running errands and talking with folks on a day I set aside for such. When I am in a hurry to get home and feed the kids, not so much. Find it harder to tolerate stupidity also. Oh well. Tomorrow, tomorrow is only an evening away. Dinner is done and now I have to go fix something that broke. :P

Back