How'd it go today?

Pretty high level of compassion here !

Sprained fingers hurt, guys.

Even pinkies:lol:

I'm a little bummed today. Been working my ass off for a solid couple months and it seems I should be making money hand over fist right now, but it just isn't materializing. IMO I should be banking away an extra Grand per week right now but it just isn't there. I'm still covering my normal monthly bills but there's nothing left. I'm beginning to feel like I did back in my last climbing days when I was maxxed out working as many hours as I could but still not making a decent living.

Unforeseen things in life nick away at your pocketbook .

In other news I finally got most of my yard mowed for the first time in between rain drops .

Surprised to read that, B, I thought you would be in good shape. Haven't you been doing a lot of repairs on your equipment? Everyone wants to make a good living, but sometimes just staying steady with no frills allowable, is a very thankful thing. I hear ya though.

Well I whacked my forearm today with a medium toothed hand saw. just a bunch of puncture wounds. Right on top of a vein. Spouted blood nicely. Had to use my bandage that I have been leaving in the truck. Blood everywhere. That's what I get for talking smack about tree work being dangerous. The homeowner was impressed for the amount of blood everywhere and that I finished the job.

I have several nasty scars from my Zubat. And yes, those tiny puncture wounds bleed profusely. They will swell up tomorrow as well.

and the fact that I was only in a apple tree. uncliped and climbed down while trying to hold compression. That was a section test in my THD.

Brian, yes I agree that you should be making bank as you are rolling the work out and are equiped to be efficient. However with ever increasing expenses and decreasing pay we are all in for a rough road ahead. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, we are Fooked.

Sorry B, but breaking even is a plus right now at least!
I'm either turning gay or really bored! I was surfing TV this evening and Dirty dancing was on, and I watched it.:cry:

I'm a little bummed today. Been working my ass off for a solid couple months and it seems I should be making money hand over fist right now, but it just isn't materializing. IMO I should be banking away an extra Grand per week right now but it just isn't there. I'm still covering my normal monthly bills but there's nothing left. I'm beginning to feel like I did back in my last climbing days when I was maxxed out working as many hours as I could but still not making a decent living.

I hear ya Brian, I go hard 6-7 days a week and still feel like I'm killing myself for nothing.

Oh, and the job is looking worse and worse by the second! This is the company http://www.roofsbyaspen.com/ Lots of talk about travel and relocation on the help wanted page http://www.roofsbyaspen.com/employment.html
They've got this "Hail tracker" software and satellite measuring software. Lots of weird things going on that sounds like it's nothing but storm chasing, not my thing and I'm certainly not interested in showing up on someone's door after a storm trying to sell my "snake oil"! Their reviews are mixed around the web.
Then, icing on the cake, the shingles were supposed to be dropped off at my neighbors Tuesday and they were going to roof it today. Neighbor hasn't heard from him since Sunday night!
Lots of things not adding up, lots of things not feeling right, it's not sounding like anything I want to get onboard with at all!

Andy, I was thinking to suggest for you not to get too excited until some days working were under your belt, but I didn't want to impart any pessimistic mojo. Sorry for your disappointment, or whatever you are feeling about it.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" He was running a hell of a sales pitch right off the bat, then the money he offered didn't really jive right with me to start with. I went in with eyes wide open on this, did a lot of background checking on them and was wanting to watch how they handled my neighbor. I'm not going to work for a company I don't believe in and I certainly wont work for a company that sells shody work and rips people off!
I'll watch what they do with the neighbor and see if he wants to talk again about it, I'll hear him out if they get it done reasonably. But right now, I think he was selling me a $75k a year pipe dream!

I was in this prison cell of a multi-trunked pine, fighting dead branches to get them to actually fall to the ground while my phone would just not stop ringing. In my head I half seriously thought perhaps its Pete and he's in trouble after jinxing himself about all that talk about working alone being no more dangerous than working other people. Well the tree demanded my attention and I let the phone ring. Later after lunch I checked my missed calls and Pete was on there. I called him back. No answer. Clearly he's dead I thought. He called a while later and told me about his blood letting in the apple tree. Its weird, I don't believe in god, ghosts or supply side economics but I believe a person can jinx themselves by saying things like, " I never get hurt" or "Fall out of a tree? Only an idiot would do that." My superstition kept me from posting on the what have sent through your chipper thread.

My superstition keeps me from posting in a lot of threads.

I only have to open my mouth and it happens. I'm famous for it, so I'm very careful. My best one was a while ago now, 1989, but it still comes up now and again.

About five or six of us were talking about earthquakes and I said something like "we don't have earthquakes here" that was about twelve hours before The Newcastle Earthquake

Back