How'd it go today?

a friend had a prob with her car quitting at lights all of a sudden one day, she had put fuel in it that morning. mechanic said that she had just gotten a really crummy load of fuel, he found nothing wrong with her car, went to the pump and filled it with supreme and she hasnt had a problem since.

Steve, ask the brunete to smile at it, bet it will crank right up ;).

I'm doing some tree work for a friend today, the humidity is only 80% so that's a relief. When I get done here I'm off to grind, Daniel is finishing yesterdays job.

Waiting for 11 to come around so I can order some grub.

Overheated a bit today. Took down two laurel oaks at a retail nursury/ garden center. They were right against the fence so half the canopy was over the parking lot and the other half was over the nursury stock (plants, ceramic pots, knick-knacks, etc). I threw everything into stacks in the parking lot for the Prentice loader. I had both trees cut and stacked in 4 hours, working by myself. The heat off the parking lot plus the extra humidity from all the well-watered plants just about did me in.

I was supposed to do another half day of trimming but I told them I'd have to come back another day for that.

Well it isn't over. I'm twiddling my thumbs hoping the thunderstorms will pass and let me go finish a cabling job. I suspect that I have lost enough time already that I won't get the takedown in their back yard done today.

I spent most of the day playing outside with my kids...I decided yesterday not to work this entire week,but I'm not gonna get to because things keep piling up.

buisness has been good sold 23 dream catchers last week,Hey MB want me to send you one ill sell you one for $40

took the day off, and just got off work ! work never stops when you own your business! so didnt make any money but got alot of paper type stuff done

You'll never guess what my pickup trouble was. I had it towed to the local garage for $51 and the guy pressed the coil wire in good and it went to running like it always does. I'm a dumb ass.

You'll never guess what my pickup trouble was. I had it towed to the local garage for $51 and the guy pressed the coil wire in good and it went to running like it always does. I'm a dumb ass.

I don't think you are. Just wasn't your day.
I have had a few of these lately myself.

NOT ! This is why we pay other people to help us along, ey ? Here's my experience with simplicity for the day :
I had a customer ask me today why one of 4 Spruce on his property seemed to be struggling. We mulled it over together... I ruled out 3-4 things (gall, cytospora, disturbed root zone, etc.)... then my customer says, "It's soaking wet under that tree all the time because of its location, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it ?"
I was like, "Duhhh, Theresa !!!"
Thank you, customer !

The bad part is that I wasted the whole morning and by then my guys were onto other projects. So I did a couple of bids this afternoon and now I'm goofing off and we are going to work tomorrow with one extra guy and hopefully we can finish our windbreak job.

got the starter back for the chipper. will put it all back together tomorrow morning.

got the other three oaks down today. everything is waiting for a nice cleanup job.

wow I think I forgot how fast those piles add up.

lots of nice firewood too.

got a call for an estimate this morning at 10 by the time i called them back at 130 they had gotten someone to come out and do the job already.

who the hell is just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring!

I've had a few of those days myself....It happens to the best of us

Had a bit of a long day, starting at 7:30 and finished up around 8. Took down 6 oaks. The two double leaders and one single where in real tigh and had to lower just abouy everything. The other 3 singles in front I had a litle more room to work with being set between the power lines and the house. To say the least my arse was dragging by the end trying to keep 4 groundies busy all day. At least tomorrow is a holiday.

home by 1 pm today. Heres the second pine, which was smaller.

Second pick Is of the Client dudes name is Tim. This tree in his hand he's been growing for 25 years.

Back