How'd it go today?

$350 is a fuel pinching day for me, Bucket, Chip Truck and Chipper, and Log Truck.

It is only what, 110 gallons at these prices??

Nuthin' to do with nuthin' >>>
I hedgetrimmed 3 ginormous Arbs today + replaced sod where I ripped out hopelessly ugly landscape.
It was a Monday.

He must have watched the nascar race yesterday. Orrr maybe he had a whole bunch of trips hauling stuff to the dump, excuse me the recycling facility.

wow, I only have the F-250 to deal with, and the small machinery fuel, I get pissy when I burn one of the tanks in the truck! (70 or so liters) oh, sorry, 20 or so gallons to you imperial folks...

It was a day of highs and lows for me. Started out the morning doing a very small shrub job and consultation with a lady about her trees. I thought about charging her less because it was so easy. She paid more because she was so happy. I went with her version of the amount.

Later my 200T was acting up. Checked a lot of things before finding the simple problem of a loose plug wire. Should have checked that first dammit.

I was sawing off elm branches with my Silky Hayuchi when I got smacked hard in the fore arm with a branch. I had my bug eyes on in the shade and didn't see it happening until too late.

A little bit ago my daughter returned from swim lessons elated, jumped into my arms and gave me a big hug. She and mom went back for the open swim and should be home soon for bedtime.

Another rockin' cool day for OM.
Thank goo'ness somebody's living life.
Firstborns are a true treasure. They make you FEEL every day, every moment.

never fails on monday bad things always happen. Go to start up chipper this morning and starter will not engage flywheel. take solenoid off get new one after going to 3 different parts houses.

come to find out after new solenoid install, that whole starter needs rebuilding.
no problem but parts house can't get part till tomorrow late. so we proceed on oak tree job with no chipper.

Clients now have a much greener landscape, for a day or two.

it sucks having to handle brush twice that is for sure. such is life

yoicks. hope you account for that in the daily take soldier!
:) ah, I am sure you do, you bout got a square head on your shoulders... for such a young fella. :D

I bartered some up coming work in august. one years worth of diesel fuel for pruning deadwood on 12 oaks and one large oak removal in a backyard

all this expensive fuel talk reminded me of that feat. which i thought was a big deal. my client seemed to think i was getting the raw end of the deal.

he owns a fuel distributing company.

me thinks he doesn't know what he got himself into.

Free diesel for a year?? I burn about $40 a week in my personal truck. Can't imagine what a deal that would be for a business.

well he certainly laughed at me like i was going to be bending over on this one.

we have 2 trucks and 2 pieces of equipment that run diesel.

they will get filled once a week now!

Hes a great guy though so i think he was helping me out as well.

$350 is a fuel pinching day for me, Bucket, Chip Truck and Chipper, and Log Truck.

It is only what, 110 gallons at these prices??

There are times when that much fuel won't get burned in three days around here...Then there are times when that won't get us through lunchtime.

Yeah, GREAT Monday!!! Clocked in at 7:55am, next time I saw the time clock it was 6:05pm, yeah, no lunch. Busted a brand new windshield trying to install it in an "82 Datsun truck. Did a side glass on an '06 Nissan Maxima, really went well. Until it came back a few hours later!!! Still trying to figure out how to open the damn door!!!!!
GOOD TIMES!!!!

well i got rid of the bandit today so thats good. picked up 2 small jobs and did 3 small jobs. fair day i spose.

I probably only burned about $30 in the chipper today, less than $5 in the forestry truck and about another $30 in my pickup. I have been leaving my forestry truck and the chipper at the job and commuting in my pickup. I'm getting paid $1000/day for me 2 guys and the equipment. The total job should take five days. Anyway I brought the chipper home tonight with my pickup to change the blades and just after I arrived my wife and daughter were buying my daughter a new phone down at the AT&T store and didn't have her ATM card. So I also needed to fill up the chipper with diesel so I towed it down to the store which is a couple of miles away. My pickup motor died at the first stop sign and the next one and by now I am starting to give it throttle and put it in neutral to keep it from happening and I make it to the store deliver the ATM card and then stop at the station and fill up both the pickup and the chipper. It is idling rough but I make it home. My wife (the expert mechanic) tells me I should blow out the air cleaner. I figure the air cleaner is probably pretty clean but I think it can't hurt, so I do this and then the pickup won't start at all. So I'm thinking it is probably either the fuel filter or the fuel pump. Well I can change the fuel filter but the fuel pump is probably out of my league. So I go down to Wal Mart and buy a fuel filter and while changing it I get gasoline in my ear. I don't know if you have ever done that but it hurts like a mother! It felt like it was eating through my ear drum. I finally get the fuel filter changed and it still doesn't run.

Last edited:
Back