How'd it go today?

What does that do, Darin?

That variety of oak is very susceptible to SOD (Sudden Oak Death) the little beasty doing the damage is phytopthera ramoram is present in the soil around the trees. We used to not only spray our pruning tools but the soles of our boots with Lysol before climbing them for a trim job.

That variety of oak is very susceptible to SOD (Sudden Oak Death) the little beasty doing the damage is phytopthera ramoram is present in the soil around the trees. We used to not only spray our pruning tools but the soles of our boots with Lysol before climbing them for a trim job.

We use rubbing alcohol..We also spray the blades of our tools after each prune.......It's pouring down rain here today so it looks like I get to hang out at home today!!

Went to my cousins shop to get my truck inspected, failed it. All of my work was fine, I just need new upper and lower ball joints on the front end. :roll:

I shall call my truck... The Money Pit!

Went to my cousins shop to get my truck inspected, failed it. All of my work was fine, I just need new upper and lower ball joints on the front end. :roll:

I just put ball joints in my ford f-450 a few weeks back..It's a 4WD,so it was a pain in the ass.My International needs some welding done on the bed..It's a never ending saga

Welcome to the world of old trucks Jason!:)

I gotta do ball joints and outer axle u-joints on my 1979 3/4 ton. Luckitly the ball joints on the '72 are okay for now. But when I drop it 4" in the rear, and 3" in the front, and then put fat tires on it that might be a different story...:D

Gary

We're doing some work for the USFS today, we got the biggest tree down and cleaned up, got the other 5 down and 3 trees trimmed. Headed back to get the grinder, rake and mulch bucket, dropping the lift. The biggest downside on this job is it's about an hour from the house. 8 hours of daylight left.... We should get it done today ;)

Forgot to mention I received 2 safe driving awards yesterday evening from the state of Mississippi, with the holidays coming up they are passing then out with flair. Daniel won one last night from the city of West Point. :lol:

I just put ball joints in my ford f-450 a few weeks back..It's a 4WD,so it was a pain in the ass.My International needs some welding done on the bed..It's a never ending saga

How old is your 450 and whats the mileage? Im at 55,000 on my 2004 .

Y'all need to throw up some pics of these trucks in 'the truck thread'. Sorry no good with links but if you use the search function you should be able to find it easy enough. We love seeing other tree trucks throw em up.8)

Y'all need to throw up some pics of these trucks in 'the truck thread'. Sorry no good with links but if you use the search function you should be able to find it easy enough. We love seeing other tree trucks throw em up.8)

The Money Pit, aka the Redneck Rolls Royce is in it I believe, Justin.

The ball joints are cheap. 20.00 for each upper and lower. I was going to have my cousin do it, so he could re-inspect it once done, but looking at the service manual, it's not that bad. My uncle has the tools I need, that I don't have.

http://gypoclimber.com/showpost.php?p=116132&postcount=282

How old is your 450 and whats the mileage? Im at 55,000 on my 2004 .

00' 150,000 miles.I bought it brand new.It still runs strong but it seemed like once I passed 100,000 miles I'm constantly having to tinker with it.

013_13-4.jpg

We're still at it, four of the ninish stumps are ground, still have to rake up around them, load some logs and clean up the stumps I'm fixing to grind. Not sure if we'll get done today, but they already paid us :). I might have to send Daniel by here tomorrow to finish cleaning up the stumps.

We caught a delay when I realized that 4 of the trees have hellish thorns, every tire on the mini is leaking to some degree.

Maybe you'd be done sooner Carl if you stopped farting around on the Treehouse. ;)

Ha I'm not wasting any time on here, forced interuptions, passing the time. Just about done grinding then I'm off to give some bids:)

Wow, that's updating. Nice, on the move for sure.

I weed whipped before lunch and then carried at least a hundred garbage
cans of mulch on my shoulder, all in the name of reforestation.

Sadly, I think killing trees is more fun than growing them and maintaining them.

I pray there is a converse of that to counterbalance life....
I'm just moody cause I didn't get to climb today...

lightning protection, deadwood, jap maple trimming, persimmon take down.... phone calls, dump chips, line up tommorrow, change diaper, swill beer, e-mails, treehouse, swill beer. TV, sleep:D

sleep in, fiddle on internet, have a beer and two bbq cheeseburgers for lunch, type out arborist report and insert some pics, print invoice, reprint resume, have dinner... the rest is TBA.

oh, and today is/was supposed to be a stat holiday, Canada day and all...
tomorrow is dropp off ms260 at shop cause she dont start no more, drop off resume, pickup 8 seven to eight foot hedging cedars, site visit for next arborist report, drop off borrowed inclinometer used for last report, install cedars, general cleanup at another reg customer, home for supper. That and phone calls to return, I like to be busy. estimated mileage of about 90 to 110 miles round trip. its a big world out there...

whoa! thats a lot of fuel dude... hopefully you accounted for the expenditure... ah, heck, its RTS, of COURSE you did. :D

Back