How'd it go today?

I killed a beautiful, healthy water oak just because an old man didn't like it. :(

A perfectly acceptable reason to any conscientious Hit-man.

BTW I moidered a perfectly healthy Austrian Pine and ground its stump then put some little dying Aspens out of their misery and pruned up some young Cottonwoods and a couple of junipers, got a massage and drove 30 miles to give a bid.

Seems to be a lot of killin' goin' on 'round here. I muredered 2 Alders yesterday... for a better view of the mountains.

I actually tried to talk them out of it. First time I've done that. The guy looks at me after I went through a little schpiel about keeping the trees, and he just looked at me and said, "That's all fine and stuff... but you gonna cut 'em down or what?"

I relented and cut them down. was I wrong?

Gary

Squish, good stuff on the golf course, I havent been up there but I know some fellas that have played it. I got a book from ISA a year or so ago "golf course tree management " or some such title, was an interesting read to identify the needs/ideals of the golf course people vs the tree people. might be worth picking it up if you wanna drop a $20.. another 'in' you might do is take the urban tree risk assessor course, the golf course tree failure and fatality was a big reason that WCB produced that deisgnation vs the wilflife tree risk assessor cert. do some tree evaluations and make more money!
or of course, you could hire me to come on up and work with ya ;)

I have looked into that course Paul, but don't you have to be cert'd arb first? That is hopefully in October for me. Heh we'll see what it turns into, my first two jobs are in the residential areas not on the open course........yet! And thanks for the heads up on the book, I'll check it out.:thumbup:

Well dumped the rain gauge yesterday at 5 inch's, thats running over. So far today we have 31/2 inch's and its still raining. :cry:
But I still managed to change the radiator and grill on the small bucket truck.

Took out two dead pines...Started at 6AM...was done by 11...It almost went "too smooth".

Flyboy, where are you at that you can get away with firing up chainsaws at 6am? I've had a starting time of 8am for the last 5 years, most areas where I work you'd get the law called on you for starting at 6. :(

Bought a new computer today, @ $2,400 bucks. It wont give me a blowjob but it should for that kind of money....

Flyboy, where are you at that you can get away with firing up chainsaws at 6am? I've had a starting time of 8am for the last 5 years, most areas where I work you'd get the law called on you for starting at 6. :(

We left the house at 6,so we probably didn't crank the first saw until around 6:30..The job wasn't too far from my house...We probably would not be able to get away with this in town,but this house was a bit out in the country,the closest neighbor was over two hundred yards away...We also cleared starting this early with the homeowner first.This isn't something we routinely do,especially if we are working in town,but we wanted to get an early start and an early finish..

We left the house at 6,so we probably didn't crank the first saw until around 6:30..The job wasn't too far from my house...We probably would not be able to get away with this in town,but this house was a bit out in the country,the closest neighbor was over two hundred yards away...We also cleared starting this early with the homeowner first.This isn't something we routinely do,especially if we are working in town,but we wanted to get an early start and an early finish..

What state do you live in?

Squash yes, you need to be ISA cert first.. but there is money in reports and consults, if you sell it right. :)

today I laid down a hedge, no biggie by you tree guy standards but good money for a few hours work for me and lotsa practice for notch cutting.

it was a flop it all to the ground and walk away job too, no cleanup :D

i started at 6 a few times last week but we were working in a park, not to big a deal. today we had a 7 hour day scheduled till one of my competitors called. he had a silver maple fail in a customers drive way. it was nasty so i came and made him a mess on my way to my job! to long a day for friday but still good

Finally got about 99% of the rewiring done on my truck. I had to even rewire for the wipers, after I replaced the bad motor and switch. Now, they work like new. :D Tomorrow, I get to put everything back where it belongs and clean the truck for its inspection on Monday.

Finally got about 99% of the rewiring done on my truck. I had to even rewire for the wipers, after I replaced the bad motor and switch. Now, they work like new. :D Tomorrow, I get to put everything back where it belongs and clean the truck for its inspection on Monday.
Don't forget the ground wires that go between the motorblock, frame and body.

Killed a Siberian Elm (which everyone around here calls Chinese) then did my first 'vista pruning' at the predator ridge and was done and at home by 1:00. Coined er today.:D

went to hiouchi, had breakfast with jerry and his wife, my nephew and a buddy. went to see a hooter redwood or 2 or 100. oh yeah and i got jerrys 090! it was a good day;)

went to hiouchi, had breakfast with jerry and his wife, my nephew and a buddy. went to see a hooter redwood or 2 or 100. oh yeah and i got jerrys 090! it was a good day;)

I'd say it must of been an awesome day.:thumbup:

:thumbup:

hope you have a great time with that saw! Gerry & Terry are making a mini vacation out of the trip.
What specific areas did you guys check out trees in?

Back