How'd it go today?

Sorry, its that reading thing I struggle with. Reading all of something that is.

I often see people carting a CPU into the accountants office, i thought about the little memory stick things but they are too small, its the MYOB that is huge.

after the bookkeeper has done her magic, THEN it goes to the CPA..

When it does go to the CPA, ill take my son to see my mum on the Gold Coast, i couldent live without it that long!

knocked out the pruning part part of a large silver maple. 3 cables tommorow will finish that off nicely!

considerin a DVD burner will put near 4 gigs of info on a disc I figure carting your whole damn PC around is a mite strange.

just my .02

Hay Paul..

The program MYOB is on this CPU, i could probably get the info to disk but you NEED the program as well to balance/reconcile everything out, it also has the info for group certificates and the tax i owe..

I dont think i can do it any other way?

Hay Paul..

The program MYOB is on this CPU, i could probably get the info to disk but you NEED the program as well to balance/reconcile everything out, it also has the info for group certificates and the tax i owe..

I dont think i can do it any other way?

I'm not familiar with MYOB but it should be able to transfer P&L and balance sheet info into a format that your accountant can do up your taxes with without needing your whole 'puter. I would think?

uhm yeah, you can tell your accountant to buy the program. thats their job....
you only need to supply the data, man.
do your customers supply the tree AND the chainsaw?
didnt think so. :)

good point Paul...

They will have a version of MYOB(a better one) {mind your own business}BTW,

Its prolly user error at my end, ill know more in a few days!

James' land got up to 19 inches of rain in less than 24 hours..

Yeah bud there's some flood.

Lake Travis was 10 feet over normal before the storms, now it's closed and eating human detritus for supper.

Not to worry about weather though, everything's great everywhere.

Unless he was out on the land - instead of metro Austin where he's workin', he should be okayfine. Around here when it rains it floods, period.

Today was a hot one. We have been starting late these last couple of weeks because I have had to take Haley to school everyday. Even with the late start I was kicking butt today and was ahead of schedule. We removed a large dead cottonwood and had it all chipped up by 1:30. The job was close to home base so I ran home and swapped the chipper for the stump grinder.

On the way I got a call from someone who saw my truck on the road and wanted a bid. It was close so I took a look at the tree. I returned to the jobsite and helped load wood (ouch). I kept bothering my ground guy with stories about a magical tool called a mini-loader. Evidently hearing about a great machine that will carry large pieces of wood for you does not make a person feel better about lugging wood out on their shoulder.

After the last chunk of wood was loaded I drove my new to me Carlton 2400 into the backyard where it promptly sputtered and died. I was watching the clear fuel filter when it happened and saw that the fuel stopped flowing. My first suspicion was that there was a hole in the up-take line in the tank as I had never had the thing below half full before. I took the line off of the fuel pump and sucked to see if I could draw fuel. Now I am sure their is a smarter way of determining this and that's why I don't know it. As a result I took a little gas to the facial area. My beard smelled of premium for a bit.

Well my superior intellect led me to believe that it was a faulty fuel pump. Well maybe it was more of a lucky guess because everything else seemed OK. I left the job site again and went to an auto supply store and got a replacement pump. I fixed my toy just in time to drive it back to the truck and take it home as tonight we had a parenting class. That stump will live another day or two.

I trimmed a 70' bald cypress that was over a house so about half the stuff had to be rigged down. Finished about 2:00 and went on 3 bids. I then put about $90 worth of gas in my PU.

Back