How'd it go today?

Had a good day. Wrecked a big white oak with a crane. Went well and the customer was extatic about how "professional" we were .Beautiful day . Just Kept thinking how irrelevant everything is compared to situations like Japan. Man I hope they can get those reactors under control

Good day today. We played some Air Soft after school, chilling at home now. Tomorrow we're doing a small job, pruning 3 Bradford Pears and doing some mulching and stuff. Should be an easy day hopefully.

Ground stumps today, but the good news is now the new guy can look after that on his own. He's run a grinder before but not the universal on the front of a mini so I wanted to show him and he took right to it. Landing work left and right, tomorrow will be his first climbing day for me. A not very tall previously topped fir with lots of target, we'll see how it goes. He's stoked to get some time up a tree, and I'm eager to see how he does. Booked out almost two weeks already so the season is off to a good start.

I picked up Erik from the airport an hour ago. Just getting settled in, we'll be trying to stay out of trouble for the next couple days. :/:

Nice to get up in a tall tree Doug-fir today, after a bunch of fruit tree pruning, then landscraper topped tree restoration pruning in a commercial parking lot. Did a site plan for another of the commercial properties owned by the same company (neighbor's father-in-law) who owns a lot of property around town, I think. After getting half of the trees pruned, the property manager told me he'd like to get us back on a quarterly or annual basis, and asked how often did I think? Site plan if for the city permitting. Got paid to ID easy trees, measure DBH, and draw a map. Not bad.

Doug-fir today had wood pecker holes from carpenter ants from a 30 year old swing crossbeam that the spanned between two trees. Only was decayed around the bolt/ beam area, but had 60' of tree above it.

'nother DF take down tomorrow with no hand pruners involved, again, woohoo. I mean that I like caring for trees, but some days its hard when the tree still looks crappy at the end. Multiple pruning cycles and it will look good again. Cha-ching. Shouldn't have let the landscapers top them in the first place. That whole commercial area is topped practically. Luckily, most residential trees in my area aren't.

Storm clean up on a property we have been whittling at for a few years. Channa says hi Stig.
Took down a couple dead trees we found. Burned it all. Supposed to go back tomorrow if it does not rain. Pretty mellow day.

Deva, I did that a couple weeks ago. REAL exciting.
What CPR did they teach you? We got the 15 pumps and 2 breathes, until the portable defibrillator shows up, or EMTs etc. We got the basic training for the portable defib unit too, pretty straightforward machinery.

Storm clean up on a property we have been whittling at for a few years. Channa says hi Stig.
Thanks. That is a wonderful property she has, really something.

I spent the day felling trees as usual. I'm about logged out for this season. Have been at it pretty much non stop since september and been working on saturdays since x-mas.

Tired...........................................................!

Well, a couple more days and we'll have finished our state contract for this season, then maybe 3 weeks more in the private forests and it'll be time to hang the saw up for a while.

Climbed 5 trees today. 3 were bradford pears, had to do some roof clearence on them. They are all fairly good sized, and close together. I was able to swing from one to another at times and switch tie in's and stuff. Had a pretty good time. Got to rope some stuff down that was over the roof. Other was a Pin Oak, just had to go up and get a hanger, but this one has been struck by lightning, and its cracked in some places. Going to be a removal later on down the road. Did some minor landscaping stuff, and started a small job just pruning a bunch of small trees, mostly polesaw/pole clip work, with some saddle time thrown in.

More storm work clean up today and we had to burn out in the open fields. Too dang windy to be even 1/2 way close to any brush lines. Storm is brewing and I am betting we will have more clean up to do soon. Got home just in time, we beat the rain/hail and it may snow tonight. Probably have a day off tomorrow if this does not just blow right through. Booked another day on the schedule and came home to a phone message and a check. Good day :)

Seemingly successfully rebuilt my first carb today. Not as much to it as I feared. New chainbrake band installed, too. Off to dinner with the wife, BBQ!

Chased a motorized aerator around three sites today, I am wiped. Thank goodness its only once a year and I got all the sites done in one day rather than 3, rentals arent cheap!

husqvarna_lawn_aerator.jpg

Groundie texshted me 2 in the mornin, tooo drunk to come in. aaahhh hurl hurll hurll!
Got my weekend estimates done, loading new youtube vid, sons Bday and got new birch stem display going for arb store.

Last edited:
What's your youtube name, RopeArmour?

I fetched two broken tops out of some Arborviteas that were damaged this winter. Hauled the chipper there and could have fit them in the back of my Toyota. Damn.

Chipped some brush for a buddy on the way home, then went to the house and pruned my crab apple in the front yard. Picture perfect day out today.

My buddy showed up for a bit and started mounting the doors in the jams. OH! I ordered door hardware this morning too, woo hoo!

Gave the chipper a nice wash and a quick wax.

Just got home from tearing down half the insulation in the house, yuck! Ithcy eyes.

Actually got to climb today. Started out to prune deadwood from an old Boxelder on the street and realized that with all the deadwood out, there was going to be little left. The base was very solid, but the top had major weaknesses, so we decided to remove it as a hazard. Had a lead over the homeowners, cyclone fence, christmas decorations (it was only about 3 months ago) and the walk that was out of reach of our little bucket, so I hopped out of the bucket and dropped it in several pieces. Will try to remember to put the spurs in the car if I am going to get into doing more of that. Felt good to be physically tired this evening. The boss took a video with his camera, not very clear, but I may post it later, if he gets it emailed to me.

Just got home from tearing down half the insulation in the house, yuck! Ithcy eyes.

Take a cold shower, Brendon. The fiberglass will embed further with a hot shower(opens your pores).

I ran errands for ma today, and took a nice drive down the back roads with the windows down and some smooth jazz playing on the radio, this afternoon, on my way back into town to pick up my brother from school/work.

Chased a motorized aerator around three sites today, I am wiped. Thank goodness its only once a year and I got all the sites done in one day rather than 3, rentals arent cheap!

husqvarna_lawn_aerator.jpg

To bad you didn't live closer, i'd rent mine to you, looks judt like that only blue

Back