How'd it go today?

Thanks! Having all my stuff with me is really going to make my life easier. My first truck was a four-door, before they were all the rage, with a cap. My motto was if you need it, it's in there somewhere.:lol: With this new rig, I'll have everything I need to harvest timber and build a house. Some hewing required.:/:

I love having all the storage boxes on my truck. It didn't take long at all to figure out what needed to go where, and it's so easy when you can put your hands on anything you need in less than a minute.

dandandatreeman.

I once had a customer that did not want to pay for some additions to the original project. I accepted what the gave me and as I got madder came up with this approach. I made out a receipt for the original work, marked paid, plus the additional work, which I marked down as a donation. I asked that he sign the second copy I sent so I could deduct it from my taxes. He showed up at the nursery where I worked part time, threw a check for the balance out the window of the car and said he didn't take charity. I worked for him 4 more times over the next few years and got along fine on both attitude and payments. He must of just had a bad day (which I no doubt did not improve at he time).

My new guy is keeping me busy, selling work so we can keep working. I'm still impressed, the efficiency of my company has definetly improved. I really like being able to switch it up. Opened his mind today with the mini, he couldn't believe how easily I could manage the ground with it.

The fact that he's selling work for your company speaks volumes. He wants it to work as much as you do, perhaps even more. Rock on. :rockon:

Yah he's stoked. Both of my only real competitors in town have owners who can't even file a saw, never have done real treework and never will. He worked for one of these companies for five years. Seems like the perfect employee so far, I'll be watching him for some sort of flaw. Has no desire to run his own company, just wants to be treated fairly I think. I can't believe how some 'bosses' run their shows. I don't think you ever get the best from someone unless you treat them with respect, the way you yourself would like to be treated.

Well Justin, they say you make your own luck. Looking forward to hearing about your kick ass season this year. It should take quite a bit of the sting out of signing that big mortgage a few months ago. You knew it was going to work, now it's coming to fruition. :)

I sure hope so. I'd hate to have to move again, lol. I have been watching the accounts pretty damn closely the last few months, got to make sure it all works. I believe I'm able to make it all work though. As a bonus to my added mortgage levels my wife moved to only working part time. Double whammy, probably gained a few grey hairs this winter.

Boring day here. Rained most of the day, so it was too wet to do anything outside after school. We have this Friday off school though, so with a three day weekend hopefully we can hammer out a big job or two we have lined up. Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things again.

Just ribbing ya a little man, I know I've done more than my fair share of big scary oaks in winter park,as well as other places.

two pruning / yard cleanups today, one helper, billed out accordingly ;) Tomorrow I start my new strata maintenance contract, a 10 month gig, one day a week, hopefully. Its a paycheck, thats all I can say.

No, they showed me after the op but I didn't want it.

Maybe you missed part of my post, it was above the one I quoted.

I was down to about nine stone, after they cut it out I went up to thirteen. Then back down to my normal eleven and a half. Sure felt good. :)

Long day today but fun and easy. First job was two pine removals way out almost to Cocoa Beach, about 30 miles away. Quick and easy. Was home by 11 for a leisurely lunch and then off to the second job to clean up three large oaks. I had guesstimated about 3 hours but I discovered tons of dieback up in the tops and it took a while to get all the deadwood out. Ended up working a bit over 5 hours there but the trees came out fantastic and everybody was happy.

Hey Bill, while crossing Aloma Ave. at Hall Road I think I saw Danny Stirman. Is he driving an older orange International chip truck pulling a Vermeer 1800?

Back