How'd it go today?

No work today so I ended up picking a buddy up and going to check out a boxer mini. Thing drives so nicely. I could teach a monkey to drive the thing it was so easy. Nt really sold on the brand being the price on the machine he showed us I could get a ramrod and grapple for the same price. He only had a bucket on it so we couldn't really tell what it could do for us. But what the hell, it's always fun to try out new things.

Big ass Poplar tree. Chit in my eyes, sitting here crying reading the TH

No work today so I ended up picking a buddy up and going to check out a boxer mini. Thing drives so nicely. I could teach a monkey to drive the thing it was so easy. Nt really sold on the brand being the price on the machine he showed us I could get a ramrod and grapple for the same price. He only had a bucket on it so we couldn't really tell what it could do for us. But what the hell, it's always fun to try out new things.

it will dominate!

We had a BLIZZARD for the first time in 50 years, and YES i had to go out in it..

Feels like 2nd degree burns to my ears OUCH!

Global warming not having an effect there yet?

Global warming models predict some areas will be warmer and some areas will be colder, some wetter some drier. I know you are joking but the whole "Its the coldest winter on record and they say we're experiencing global warming" bit doesn't have any bearing on whether it is or isn't happening.

Great link Darin but no orange ones?

We have had a shocking drought, blamed on global warming but i still think the planet has been having climate changes for millions of years and will do so for millions more! Just another cycle.

Our current hell is from the 5th low pressure system this month, (sorta off Sydney, east coast) the past 3 all but wiped out some towns, the flooding is the worst in history, just as it starts to subside the fronts come in again.

I am further west ,north and HIGHER than the flooded areas so we are getting the sleet/snow/hail and the icy blasts from the alps, some of them about -20*c wind chill!

As far as Global Warming goes, change is normal. The rate of change is significant. If things change too rapidly it will over stretch the planet's ability to buffer it.

It's fifteen after two in the afternoon and for once,I'm home....I've gotta babysit for the rest of the day so my wife can go work now.

Just finished my month. Wiped out a hickory about 70 foot tall. First hickory I've climbed in close to a year. Its the tuffest tree around.I got up 10 feet and spikes came out just to remind me it was a dead hickory I guess... Going on vacation again for a few weeks. My best month scence I have been in business here. 6 days of work production @ (after ex[ences) 4,350.

3 more days left in my month, and I have work scheduled for two of those days. Another fine day today. I murdered a 90' laurel oak that had some serious decay in the trunk base and root flair area. My bucket only reached the first three limbs so I had to throw a couple of big tops and then I climbed one section to rig it down. The owner had access to a mill up the street so I was able to save three decent sawlogs out of the trunk. Finished that job by noon.

Returned a couple phone calls, met a potential new client and then got another call for a big oak removal that was too dead to climb. Got to that job and got started at 1:30, rolled off the job with cash in hand at 3:15.
Freelancing work RAWKS!!!
:blob6:

My day is just starting, snowing and blowing!

The end of the financial year is upon me so I'm gunna get some paper work done.

Then, THIS COMPUTOR goes to the bookkeeper who will get stuff ready for the accountants, ill be off the air for 4-5 days .

Ya all stay safe, and remember the camera!

Back