How'd it go today?

I suspect some severe root issues, John. My first guess looking at the lawn would be atrazine poisoning (weed killer). Or it could be old damage from years ago and it just took 5-10 years to kill the top.

Butch, if they had a big old monster chipper there, then why was all the debris piled on a lawn trailer?
:?

You topped that tree? WTF are you thinking?

I just called the ISA and reported you. I also linked to the TreeWorld tree police, they will be in contact soon.

:P

Butch that looks like the job I have been on the past 2 days. All the oak on the property have bacterial leaf scorch. We are removing all the stone dead ones and the rest we are doing just what you did there. Got the crane coming next week for one larger oak over the garage. Might get my chance for my 1st crane TD. Or at the least go if I have off and watch and maybe learn a thing or two.

At this point, it can't hurt any worse than help... :lol:

I'm good on diagrams. I have the service manual.

I gotta run in the morning and pick up some bulk wire and connectors so I can start reconstructing Humpty Dumpty. IF it goes well like the reverse lights :D, I could be done early and sipping a cervesa by 3ish tomorrow.

I didn't get to it yesterday, so I am working on it tonight.
I've repaired *most* of the damage, but I still have quite a few wires to go, aside from the ones on the harness.

Spent the day moving hay with Mike and the kids. Worked great.

Daughter in the truck pulling a wagon with two layers of round bales, Mike on the Allis D17, son on small ford, and I was on the JD. SO much nicer with a little help. 5 hours and we were done. :D

Last September I signed up for S.S. at age 62 . I filed a final tax for Federal
& State., closed out the DBA/ checking account & now in the process of forming an S-Corporation. This is a relatively simple process ? Well according to our trusted accountant , it was ? The sum of $1000.00 was pd.in full & we signed ( father - son ) to form S-Corporation Dec.02,2006 . Our papers came back March 28,2007. WE NOW HAVE A NEW ACCOUNTANT, THANK-YOU

UPDATE : The new accountant is finalizing our S-Corp. & setting up records &
entering our BUCKET TRUCK, LOADER TRUCK, CHIPPERS, CHIP TRUCK, STUMP
GRINDER & ALL OTHER NUMEROUS EQUIPMENT AS ASSETS . None of this had been done in previous years. Our new Checking Acc. is active . Insurance Policies up-dated & vehicles & equipment transferred to the S-Corp. The insurance will cost less. We have the new E.I.N. # . ANY COMMENTS ?

UPDATE: All of the equipment & misc. was bought & paid for under the DBA from profits derived. My son who is 28 yrs.old, hopes to carry on the tradition ! He will become fourth generation tree service ! I will continue on as
consultant & mentor ! I will do so proudly ! All of us have someone we care about & support . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WITH PRIDE !

Geez, my accountant doesn't work on weekends. We went to Target and got the kid a bathing suit, proceeded to the first of two grocery stores and then lounged in the heat of the afternoon.

Back