How'd it go today?

Clean up time around the shop today. Made enough room to get the loader, excavator, and some other stuff in for service. Jammed what seemed like five feet of a hand hewn beam under my finger nail. Bought a new cell phone. Jammed some more wood under the SAME fingernail.:O:X Tried to download a dang ringtone, now pissed.:what:

Clean up time around the shop today. Made enough room to get the loader, excavator, and some other stuff in for service. Jammed what seemed like five feet of a hand hewn beam under my finger nail. Bought a new cell phone. Jammed some more wood under the SAME fingernail.:O:X Tried to download a dang ringtone, now pissed.:what:

"So" (in a thearpists tone) "How does that make you feel? Are you angerd because of the pain, or because you were foolish enough to do it again?":lol::lol:

Sorry, that was mean. It hurts like hell I know!!! Once a month it feels like I have a chunk under my left thumbnail. But it's not there!! Talk about a fun phantom pain!!:lol::lol:

Well, it made me feel really stupid, but only until the pain set in, then I was somewhat distracted. The worst part was digging around under the nail with the point of my knife until I got it out. That sucked even worse, but there was no way I was going to wait two months for it to grow out from under the nail.

went up and check my trail cam today. not enough action so i moved it. videos are better than the pics but heres a doe, a small buck and a big coyote

Attachments

• buttefalls 121.jpg
    buttefalls 121.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 2
  • buttefalls 127.jpg
    buttefalls 127.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 5
  • buttefalls 124.jpg
    buttefalls 124.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 2
i think its the moultrie i60. i love it. its been out for 2 months and the batteries still have 80 something percent. and its set for both video and pics

your looking at his rearend and tail, hes reaching around his left side with his head to scratch
can i post an avi file?

Well.. Productive day for a day off due to a cancellation.. Rob did a dump run. Then we went and got about 1/2 a cord of oak and took it and the splitter down to the valley to drop off the wood at Rob's brother's house.. Rob's brother Jeremy scored us 38 treated posts (cross arms from power poles) for the next section of fence.. Brought that back.. Changed the oil in the Ford for further engine break in. Rob strung a line and brushed out where the next section of fence is going. I also fixed my pole saw and put a smaller more aggressive blade on it ;) Camre with a 15 and I put a 12 on it.. Tried it out and smokes a 3" plus Bull pine branch..
Brian.. this will make ya proud of me.. I put a carb on the Husky 455. Had one lying around from another saw that bit it.. Carb was like new. Had it rebuilt before saw broke.. Think the other saw lost a wrist pin..
Whew...

Like a champ... Strong as ever... Sounded a little lean to me though and it was getting dark so I will fine tune her tomorrow..
That blade was not on the echo power pruner... But my regular shoulder powered pole saw.. I hated that 15 inch saw blade.. too much flex.. 12" is more than good enough.. I have some pruning coming up along with some mistletoe removal.. Bet my cut time was cut by 2/3rds.

I was thinking of stripping the broken one down and redoing it... I talked to Rob about it.. We are just going to part that one out for the one we have left. I will be buying a different saw in the near future to replace the 455 we lost... We still have plenty of saws.. And I want to make sure we get through these lean times with out spending any more than I have to.

On another positive note.. I have been organizing some things with some of my spare time as things have slowed down a bit for us here. Came across 4 18" Carlton Pro Champ bars for my Huskys that I bought over a year ago. Funny thing was.. I was going to send them back as I was sure they had an issue with the gauge of chain.. They are supposed to be .050 3/8" pitch ... When they were delivered the first thing I noticed is that I had not noticed they were 64 drive link instead of the 68 I had been running .. DOH! So I set them aside for a few and had a couple chains I had kicking around that still had some life on them sized down. Went to mount bar and chain.. Chain gauge no fit.. SO I was going to return them... Well obviously I never did.. LOL
Sitting here fiddling with stuff.. I thought I would give them one more try just on a hunch... Sometimes the shop I have sharpen chain would forget to deburr the drive links ...:roll:
Just so happens I have some new Carlton chain in the box... And guess what...
SO I now have four spankin new bars for the saw I just put the carb on :D
All with speed tip.. I just have to order some 64 link chain..

One of the other reasons besides just no time not sending them back was that Miss Kitty had decided to make the boxes they are packaged in her scratch posts one day :what:

Maybe I owe the cat some tuna now:lol::lol:

I batted 2 for three today,saw wise . The loser was an 034 I thought I could save.Too far gone .I'm pretty good but not that good . Parts now ,I'll stick an 036 top on it when I find one .

The winners are a pristene last of its' kind Mac super pro 10-10 .Pretty close to the last year of production .

Another ,Mac 700 big bro of the 10-10 at 70.7 cc .Sat forever with a broken starter .I had my doubts ,stiff as a board from sitting .WD-40 to the rescue,don't leave home without it . .

A carb kit ,obscene words ,more tweeking ,off to the races .Ran good but is picking up crud from the tank .It's a keeper though .

Bet thats a relief to have gone Butch.. YUkkk

Landed a 10 acre clearing job today and a follow up tomorrow for another 11 acres... :D See what haps...

Rob took care of the recycling today and then started on a cord of oak. I came home and helped finish the delivery etc..
Then had my daughter asleep on one arm and my son Levi cuddling the other while relaxing to the super bowl. :D

We got nailed with snow, gonna make some good coin before I head south on Wednesday. Already pulled 12hrs and I got about 12 to do tomorrow too.8)

Mandi and I went and pruned two maples and killed one walnut. Five hours, 600 bucks. Not toooooo bad for fun little trees. Mandi took some pictures, but my bro lost my camera cords. :/:

So I get called at around 10 to go chip for a friend of mine. Start the truck...walk away and it dies. Go to restart and no firing. The WTS light wasn't coming on when I turned the key. Ok, something with the glow plug system/starting system.

Check the fuses, a 30 is popped. Put a new one in, popped again. Go on thedieselgarage.com forums, 2 minutes and I know whats wrong. The fuel bowl heater wires are known for shorting out, disconnected, new fuse, bammo!

Forums ROCK.

Back