How'd it go today?

Serviced the tranny on the Ford today... Then went and split some wood... Lady wants a cord of pine... Levi helped pull the lever.. LOL
Have some errands in town. Also have to stop by the rental agency to give them an estimate on 11 acres of poison oak ..
Landed 2 days of clearing in March to prep a house site. :)

pruned 2 limbs for 3 bills......I only asked 150, they must have been psyched cuz they paid more:D

oh yeah, it took 30 min:what:

Didn't do much today. Got rained out. Finally received a $5K check that's been "in the mail" for 2 months. :roll: Also got a go-ahead on a $6K+ job that I bid last week. :D

Oil changes and greasing at work today. Too bad, it was warm out, shoulda been doing something outside. Got home to a new puppy, and a big snow drift I had to plow out. I love tire chains.:D Would have been a disaster without them.

Well.... Got some book work done tonight and all of January's data entered.. Updated my spread sheets for 2009 etc...
Pretty productive day all told... Now I need to go make some money tomorrow... :D

Here is the tree that blew over. The dump bill was $523.48

Attachments

• PICT0086.JPG
    PICT0086.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0087.JPG
    PICT0087.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0089.JPG
    PICT0089.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 51
  • PICT0093.JPG
    PICT0093.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0114.JPG
    PICT0114.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0116.JPG
    PICT0116.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 51
Dang! That must of been some serious wind. Those roots don't look all THAT bad.

So everything was going well today, more lot clearing. Good day, until the end.

I am watching the mini excavator go up the driveway, a mean hill, and it's slipping on the old ice with the fresh 1-2" of snow that's fallen. I am waiting at the bottom with the truck and chipper to get a good start, in 4x4 and everything. Get half way up, oh SHIT. Truck stops, and rolls backwards....and goes even faster, and faster. There is nothing I can do with 8 tires locked up going backwards on ice. Mind you there is a 5' ditch on both sides because they raised the driveway to get over a stream. I missed a 30" DBH Shagbark Hickory by one foot. The chipper ended up in the ditch, and my trucks driver side door facing towards the top of the driveway.

Luckily someone was watching over me, or my stuff coulda been seriously FUBAR'd.

It's one of those days you wish you put the camera in the glovebox.

You did better than me Brendon. Another long day of plowing today and I slid into a snowbank and dented the drivers side of the box on my plow truck. Not to bad, didn't wreck nothing but at the front of the box on the drivers side there's now a big ole crease in what was otherwise a mint body.

Oh vell, I'll try beating it out when I get a chance and it shouldn't be to bad.

dang, drive carefully you fellas!
I had a one hour pruning job this morning then back to the office to finish up a report, made a couple bucks and didnt get too dirty.
Wife took Bub to the public pool for a swim, his first, he did ok considering.

It was in the 60's with calm winds so I have little right to complain. Things went well except for taking too long.....underbid the work and I fear I did it to myself again.- I bid pruning some big Cottonwoods today and the guy said "Fine!" 1 millisecond after I gave him a price.

Does anyone have Charlie Wagner's phone number handy? I don't really want to fight my way around these 100 footers.

Back