How'd it go today?

After dealing with two flat tires recently, I bit the bullet and installed brand new tires on the chip truck and bucket truck this week. :O

I should have the new mini track loader back together by this weekend. I built a set of ramps for the dump trailer and fixed the wiring problem. So, all this down time is good for getting stuff ready for the upcoming busy season. 8)

Brett, if I had known you were buying tires then I would have loaned you my truck for the week. I wouldn't mind getting those recaps on the back replaced with something better and the fronts are getting a bit thin... ;)

Ha! I'm DONE with tires for a while. Well, not quite. The dump trailer needs four new ones too, but I'm trying to put that off for now.

Twelve truck tires is enough for one week. :O

May have a job starting in March as an ACRT trainer....

Boy, get ready to tie on your travelin' shoes...they made me an exploratory offer, but the amount of time on the road was pretty much a deal breaker for me.

For a young fella like you that could be a plus, even :D. Good luck with it.

Well, for a feller that doesn't do anything, I've sure been a busy feller today!
Split and loaded wood, sent out four face, have to do another four or better tomorow. Loaded it with the mini, man that is a life saver!!!
Picked up Bubba and thirty min. latter get a call. A guy I used to work with, the concrete guy, had been back in town for a while. Wasn't gone TWO DAYS and someone, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN, tried to break into his daughters house!
I had my Mom come watch the boy, loadedup what I thought I needed and headed over. I got there just as the cops were leaving.
They left the garage wide open, but didn't take anything? Got in the house, used some VERY interesting tricks to rig the doors so they could get into the house. But it seems the dogs ran them off. MEAN ASS DOGS!!!!! Remember I had a Wolf, I can't think about controling these dogs and I know them!!
One of the garage doors didn't latch, two pairs of vise grips, it latches now:lol:
New deadbolt on the entry door of the house, key use on both sides as they spider webbed the glass on the door. It's there, but wouldn't take much to get through the glass.
New door knob and deadbolt on the garage door, none of it keyed alike!
Dude has a BUTTLOAD of tools in there, including a Bobcat 763 with the keys in it! And these are VERY, VERY pretty young ladies. I just hope this is enough!

No burn day today. So just went and staged day three of a poison oak removal... Lady booked 3 more days in Feb. :D

Scored a piece of equipment today also :D I'll add to the OCGD thread..;)

Was up to the wee hours last night with wifey in the ER again. ("Your fine except you can't poo or pee and are bloataed and in enormous pain-might as well go home".) Today's planned job got postponed. Despite thewind I decided to go top out a Cottonwood on the irrigation ditch bank for the nursery guys. (The rest will be removed with an excavator). Turned out to be a bee tree so I snagged maybe 3 lbs of comb without getting stung and escaped happy.

Stumper, sorry if its a really dumb question, have you tried the over the counter and traditional stuff to try to help her get the business working? Metamucil, megafibre chunk cereals and stuff? Prunes?
With Bub we try to limit certain foods that stop him up (bananas, cheese, raisins, toast etc), I know it isnt the same but maybe it would help her out?

Paul,-Yes but none of the "harsh" laxatives. She has been scared off laxatives by out of context medical advice in the past and current in context advice has been to stick with bulk fiber laxatives.-If it was me I think I'd dose up with something horrible like castor oil and get rid of things or die.-I don't trust the docs much-Primary care -"Oh no! go to the ER." Er Doc, "We ran all the standard tests and there is no reason you are sick you just are.-Sorry."

I hear you, sounds like a liter or two of castor oil might not be a bad thing to try at this point.

Sorry to hear she is having a tough time of it. :(

Was up to the wee hours last night with wifey in the ER again. ("Your fine except you can't poo or pee and are bloataed and in enormous pain-might as well go home".) Today's planned job got postponed. Despite thewind I decided to go top out a Cottonwood on the irrigation ditch bank for the nursery guys. (The rest will be removed with an excavator). Turned out to be a bee tree so I snagged maybe 3 lbs of comb without getting stung and escaped happy.

you get the bees too?

Not doing worth a hoot today! Been fighting off a cold, and I think it's grown into an infection.
I woke up this morning and blew blood clots out of my nose. Cut and split a while, rest a while, and so on. Seems I'm only good for about a half hour then hack up crap, and so on.
Me thinks a trip to the Doc. will be in order in the am:whine:

On a happier note, the local paper came out today. Had neat bios on every canidate, how long they have been in town, what they do, how old they are, other offices held etc.
ECCEPT ME, just my name, and the fact that I have never held any public office:?

That's whack Andy on the paper thing?

Well my the big old Black Walnut log left today. No milling it here just loaded it onto the dudes trailer and away it went. Good riddance, I need the room. The guy paid for it before christmas but finally got around to picking it up today.

Pruned a sycamore, a cherry, and Removed a medium sized maple today (probably 40ft/26"), and fit the whole thing in the truck one load. Truck was feelin' it!!!

Took way longer than I wanted it too because all the big wood needed to be huffed to and into the truck. Ugg... I need a mini.

Back