How'd it go today?

It's an inside flue with about 4 feet above the roof .The stove is a Lopi glass front that has been adapted to fit inside of an arched fire place .

I imagine what most likely happened was attempting to burn late into the year with the fire chocked down caused all the build up . I could just fire it hard and see what happens but then again the last thing I want is a chimney fire .

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM0093.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0093.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 10
Al that's the clearest picture I've ever seen from you!
It's also about one of the highest resolution .That was taken with an HP 945 camera at 1 meg then resolved down to 187 . Most of the pics are done on a cheap Intel at 64 .Those aren't the best ,I'm sure . The Intel is handy ,fits in my pocket .

We just had ours cleaned for $40 last week. Ours had some of the hard glassy stuff also. The guy said it was from burning wet or green wood.

The brush was cheap so we clean our own. Takes Rob and I about 15 mins. We do it every year. Just goes faster with one on the roof and another on the lower floor..

On today, killed some live oaks and trimmed a couple. Took most of one over a house and did some limb walking :). Tomorrow, same agenda. One over a house and another over a pool. Same property with three houses. I will drop a few in a grove just to give the crew something to play with while I rig the one over the house for TD. Should be a great day. :)
Now off to make stir fry:D

wrecked 5 pines and 1 oak today cleaned it all up and moved the wood so we can load it tommorrow. might even have some 8' foot logs to sell if i can find someone interested

I spent all day removing a good sized london plane tree. The guys on the ground did a heck of a job and were getting really good at flipping me the lowering line, something that makes my life so much easier. Today the GRCS was the tool of the day. On the down side of things I thought I was making a cool Tarzan swing down onto branch I was going to tie off and one of my testiculars got pinched hard diminishing the coolness of the procedure. I am still living with the pain.

Drove 90 miles to find it was too muddy to do anything. Sacred up two NICE deer, too early in the season. Found lots of wood that I couldn't get to:cry:
Damn near got stuck trying to leave.
Drove 90 miles home then went and sprayed insulation in an attic. That was fun:roll:
Told the wife I needed $3k and she needed to take a week off so we could go buy a mini, I'm still alive, but it didn't get much better. I think I would rather be back in the attic right now!!

Not a real good day:lol:

Today I worked for a guy whose job is pelletizing tree seeds. Western red cedar mostly he said. It's a government contract where they send him the seeds then he 'pelletizes' them with this stuff that creates a pellet that dissolves 100% and has no chemical trace to it. It's so that machines can then plant the seeds in a nursery. Seemed like not a bad gig right out of a shop on his property.

He also has a walnut orchard too on another property and was talking about driving to Cali to pick up some new machines.

Andy, did you talk to Dave? There's a decent chance he'll be in your state very soon.

No time today, trying to sell the wife on it tonight.
"Maybe he will take payments honey?" GRRRRRRRRR......... Have I mentioned anything about a suit?????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...............
Does that make me money? GRRRRRRRRRRRR.......

one, two, three, four, five.............................

You could justify it by saying that you can get more done in less time meaning you can make more money or spend more time with the wee tot.

Then factor in the labor savings.

Then the fact that you're exiting the spry chicken part of your life, and the mini will protect your back for a long while.

Then wrap it up by telling her something you could do with it for her that she's been wanting.

Yesterday morning was a pain in my arse! We had to do an emergency call late the other day to remove a large willow lead that high winds snapped off and into a house. I can't believe I didn't have my camera that day cause the carnage was awesome!!! Anyway, we barely had enough daylight that day to get it off the house so we went back to take care of the rest of it......and it sucked!!!!!

The breakage occured because of a large hollow in the trunk that is occupied by a huge bee hive...... full of bees of course.

At least I had my camera with me this time.

Attachments

• Willow blow over 002.jpg
    Willow blow over 002.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 001.jpg
    Willow blow over 001.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Willow blow over 003.jpg
    Willow blow over 003.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 004.jpg
    Willow blow over 004.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Willow blow over 005.jpg
    Willow blow over 005.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Willow blow over 006.jpg
    Willow blow over 006.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 11
  • Willow blow over 007.jpg
    Willow blow over 007.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 009.jpg
    Willow blow over 009.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 011.jpg
    Willow blow over 011.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 012.jpg
    Willow blow over 012.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 016.jpg
    Willow blow over 016.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Willow blow over 017.jpg
    Willow blow over 017.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Willow blow over 020.jpg
    Willow blow over 020.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 12
Dang, why are the spurs adjusted so short? I'd hate that. It looks like they're being worn too loose.

Dang, why are the spurs adjusted so short? I'd hate that. It looks like they're being worn too loose.

Should I have them set higher? And no they're not loose at all.... a little tweaked for some reason that nobody will fess up to (damn groundies:X) but I didn't know I had em set too low.

I like my spurs as high as possible, set right under that bone nub at the top of your inside calf. The higher it is, the more the leverage is going to be spread out and that equals less pain.

In the pic I was guessing that the velcro wraps were too loose from seeing the angle of the pad in relation to your leg. The red is where it is, whereas the green line is where it (ideally) should be. And in the pic, you weren't even standing on them and they looked like that.
Most people wear their velcro wraps too loose, and that's because it takes a HARD PULL to SET THEM RIGHT. It took me a while to figure that out, but once I did it was a WORLD of difference.

And you can skip all the drama by replacing them with caddys. ;)

Attachments

• loose-.jpg
    loose-.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 60
Back