How'd it go today?

Plasma is nice, but it doesn't give the versatilty that gas does. I have to cut some 1 1/4" plate in the near future, slow going with gas, but doable. Buy a plasma outfit that will cut that and talk to me!!
It would take a pretty high amperage plasma cutter to cut 1 1/4" stuff . I've got torch tips large enough to go up to 2" but I seldom use them .Talk about use a lot of gas ,mercy me .

The advantage of plasma is the fact it will cut about anything ,steel ,stainless ,cast iron plus it makes a very smooth cut .Nearly as good as a saw if you know how to use it .

If I really needed something plasma cut I can get my buddy Ron to do it .He is one heck of a good welder ,machinest ,tool grinder ,lousey electrician . That is where I got a leg up on him ,so to speak .;)

I am headed to the mainland this morning, doing what I can to stimulate the economy!! Going to Georgia for Thanksgiving and I need something to wear.

Don't get a suit. It will make you angry and drive you to drink.:D

Like what ,a pilgrim suit ?

Nah, after hours in the mall and finding nothing, we went to Ross where, in 10 minutes, I found 3 dresses. I bought all three for under the prices I was seeing for 1 in the mall. :) One for thanksgiving, one for the Habitat Gala (very elegant!) and one just to have for other special occasions.
John and I got our Christmas present to each other, a nice canon camera. Other than that, we just found socks and stuff like that.

Well V .,other than shoes and a few suits I haven't bought clothes for myself in years . For reasons unknown to me I've always had women that like to dress me . I don't know why because I have such elegant taste . Now just what is wrong with cowboy boots ,blue jeans and a flannel shirt ?:lol:

Well took the day off and it's Seth's Birthday today. He's going to be 6 and Grandma and Grandpa are coming over. Katy baked a cake and I am cooking baked chicken and such for dinner. Should be a good day.. Rob is tying up some loose threads on the green house. Almost feels like one of those family holidays.. lil chill in the air, hot coffee, cold beer, kids playing games. Nice times :)

Bored with the same old same old.....I ported the cylinder and lightened the piston on my 242xp, to compliment a muffler mod done earlier. The compression went from 160 to 180 psi, and stock 13,500 rpms jumped up to now taching at 14,500, while still conservatively four stroking. A straight eight hour job, from breakdown to re-assembled and running. I expect the saw will rock. :rockon:

nice jay, im gonna do that this winter, see if i can screw up a 260:)
i managed to cut myself with an electric razor this morn so i thought id have a crummy day but so far so good:D

DoingItWrong.jpg

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Tree hated me today!!!
Had to make a firewood run and my "partner" can't seem to do ANYTHING, and I had no help. Found a tree close, easy to get to and was a full load in itself. Tree fell fine easy carry.
Cut into a hollow, FULL of wasps! I must have killed two to three hundred of the suckers! Then another forty or so when I got home.
Got past that and went on down the butt. Got another three feet or so and it looked like the oil cap had come off the saw! Sticky gooey stuff all over! Puled the saw out and looked, nope cap still on, hmmmmm?
Must have been two gallons of honey run out of that tree!!

I found another tree not so close and finished off the load!

The top was wasps/hornets what have you! Orange ones, black ones, red ones and black and yellow ones!! I've got forty dead ones in the back of my truck if you would like pics!!!

The BEE's DOWN BELOW in another hollow section, didn't come out to play thank God!!!

My dad was a bee keeper for many years, trust me, I know what a be looks like!

Tree Condo:lol::lol::O

I'd never heard of anything like it, much less seen it!!! All types of wasps and hornets al cuddled up together, some of them in the lower area had even brought in dirt and were all nestled together in a fetal position in the dirt? No wonder I went through two chains today!!!!
The wood got solid again and I thought I had it beat, then the honey comes oozing out:cry:
Yeah, all types of wasps living together, in the same tree as a hive of bees? I think mother nature hates me too!

Best I've seen is ants and wasps, made for a miserable time though.. Oh and spiders and ants and beetles. They were crawling all over me. Gave me the heebie geebies.
Then there was that lady bug nest. Harmless.. .but imagine 10s of thousands of lady bugs crawling on you and flying in your face while you buck up the tree you just dropped on them.. LOL

Back