How'd it go today?

Yestrday we trimmed 5 willow trees at the house I lived at when I was 2 years old until I was 12. When I got home I paid everyone and then went across the street and ground 4 stumps. Today I am going to San Francisco to make sure my car is OK. My daughter is using it and said that steam was coming from under the hood the other day but that everything is fine now. My nephew the musician is out visiting from Tennessee and I have a get together at his Grandmother from the other side of his familys house this afternoon. No tree stuff today. Frans, mechanic work doesn't agree with my body or my wife's nose either.

hmm, its only 0835 here so far. at about 0715 I awoke with a start to my lovely wifes suggestion 'go get the boy' as he was clucking and snorting in his bed. I went to his room, grabbed him up and we spent about 20 minutes on the couch hanging out till mamma decided she was ready to get up. She is now showering, boy is on a mat on the floor playing with some fisher price toy that takes batteries, has flashy lights and makes numerous annoying sounds.

Rest of the day plan it so go to the barn, wife will teach some little kids how to ride horses for a spell, I will tool around the barn with Bub then off to my parents place for a visit around lunch time.

Got a fresh battery in my pedometer yesterday, figured out the distance around the park is about 220 meters, around the mall is about 900. Now I can figure out how far I go when I walk with Bub, yesterdays walk was 3.8km, about 2.4 miles. I am going to try for a regular walk with him, shooting for 3 miles at a high pace. Yesterday the wife came along and kept asking me to slow down, so I figure the pace was good enough to call it exercise. :)

Cool Paul. I think all strollers should have pedometers on them. Haley would cry and have fits as a baby unless that stroller was moving. I walked everywhere at every hour.

the rougher the walking the more relaxed he is, when we hit a stretch of flat asphalt he gets restless, he likes the regular click clack of concrete sidewalk joints, or the 4 wheelin :D

MB, the clucking and snorting is the stage about 2 minutes or less prior to screaming and wailing, kind of the warning sounds that he is awake and is expecting attention in the near future. The funniest thing I have heard in a long time was a couple months ago, the baby monitor was silent then we heard this big fart haha I asked the wife who was (as I) half asleep, was that you? she kicked me. :D

ok, here are the routes I use. :)

mint green = out the door across the street using the cross walk. Manditory

pink = short lap, approx 220 meters, easy route

blue = long lap, approx 900 meters, optional

burnt sienna = unmeasured, guesstimated to be near 800+ meters, secondary option with tertiary option of return to home rather than another lap of either pink or blue route.

Looking at the map I guess I could just do laps of the cemetary to the west of us, maybe I will reserve that for the days that I dont feel up to acknowledging passers by. :)

dark blue X = Pita Pit, good for mid walk snacks.

light blue X = Save on foods, local grocery store, good excuse for a walk.

yellow X = Miki Sushi, our local sushi joint, good excuse for a walk and good place for a mid walk rest and refuel.

ps. this post and the picture took me about 10 minutes to compose, my wife just walked by and reminded me that I am a nerd and I spend too much time on the computer. :D

Attachments

• walk route1.jpg
    walk route1.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 3
It was good day here... fixed a bad circuit breaker for ma, hit the driving range for some balls, and brews, drove through the country side, and I'm here mixing random cocktails now. :D

I spent my day helping 'moss' do a free rec climb at a local park. No one could have predicted the turnout, we must've had over 100 people.:D

I've got pics that I'll post tomorrow.

When I got home my FIL came by and took us to dinner. Then my best bud dropped by with his fam, wife, Two y/o and a newborn, god bless him...

Now I'm chasin a buzz and catching up on 400 unread posts:O

900 meter = .56 mile (had to look that up) sounds like a nice walk.

I had a good day. Woke up early and hit an 'estate sale'. Got alot of stuff at great prices:

almost new Seymour scythe w 26" blade $15
Sears metal tool box (no drawers, just a pull out tray) $2
2 cool retro aluminum/red vinyl chairs 50cents each
brand new sump pump and two motion detector sockets $5
pry bar $2
tray of hose connects $1
3 Eagle gas cans $1 each
refillable grease gun $2
HUGE turnbuckle $1
garden rake $1
soil core sampler $1
brand new cattle rub $3
good quality lounge beach chair thing $2
glass/chrome/leather flask $1
2 1 qt Revere ware saucepans $1 ea
brand new Swedish boot scraper (brushes sides, tops, and bottom at once) $2
big pulley $1
box of hose connects $1
4 foot long thick plastic ruler/level $1
big t-square $1
new soaker hose $1
fishing rod holder $1
2 silver plated serving spoons 50 cents each
old (but in good shape) bypass pruning shears $1
tiny ceramic mouse 50 Cents
2 foot magnet contraption $2

I'm sure there was more but that's all I can remember off hand.

Felt like I had a productive morning.... :D

Long morning ,didn't get started until noon .More work on the super splitter .I'll have it in a couple more half days .

Good heavens if I charged myself my regular shop rate I couldn't afford this stupid thing .:lol:

Welllllll... been one of those days... Picked up one of our help on the way to an account and he bailed before we got there. Bad shimmy in front, stopped at the tire shop (also a customer) and bought two new tires or the Dodge. This is when the help bailed.. LOL. But he has bad teeth and not getting them fixed till the 27th. Well, down one man and 500.00 down in the check book (thats ok I have 3 - 4 removals to do at his house), on our way for another 40 mins to the account. Get there, all F***ed up.. Well down and no water, someone has also turned off the water to the trees. Now I have been going rounds with this client as I don't do maintenance especially on antiquainted water systems. Today I had gone to check the system, take down some dead trees, yada yada. See the water situation and call it quits. Loaded truck and left. She does not want to pay to do this place right and does not even live there. I keep getting rude calls after telling her to get someone that can fix her problems, asking why I did not tell her,,, she is also quite the alcoholic. So I came home, called her, fired her in a nice way, and referred her to someone local that may be able to help her. I doubt it as he charges more than I do.. LOL. But hey he better equipped for all the crap there.
So.. lets try and salvage the day, its only noon... Hey that nice lady called needing some pine for fire wood... I will just go deliver it.. Load fast ... get up there, about another 40 minute drive. Truck wont start. hmmmm Looks like overheated coil, NP.. Cool off, have a glass of tea with the woman... make plans to take down a ponderosa for her (nice lil 70 foot tree near the garage) and proceed to try and start truck again.. Well this time I was the one under the hood. I see the engine tilted.. Yup broken motor mount. Drove back to town, Napa had part... guess what I get to do tomorrow... LOL
All is good though... Got more parts for the Ford ordered, new tires, New mounts for the Dodge, A tree job to look forward to, and got rid of a client that has been rude to my wife and family over the phone and is only good for 1000-1500.00 per year if the check doesn't bounce.. So it was a GREAT day!.. :)

My car had a loose radiator hose on the top where it hooked onto the radiator. Had lost about half the water. ran it for 0 minutes or so and e verything seems fine. 2 hour drive back and then I had to go to a family gathering at my nephew's grandma from his other side and I just got home.

Carl's correct with both answers, Frans.....in this case though, it's the first. It's a big cotton 'tube' stuffed with absorbent fibers and a rope through it. You hang it between two posts and saturate it with a diesel/insecticide mix. When the cattle walk under it, they get a very thin coating of insecticide that helps with the tiny biting flies.

cattle-rub.jpg

Oh Al, I have it bad. I've gotten more selective over the years.....some days. It's a calling....and a curse! ;)

Oh Al, I have it bad. I've gotten more selective over the years.....some days. It's a calling....and a curse! ;)
Yes maam ,some times those bargains become a curse . Especially when you have to build a new out building just to store them all ,then you can't find them when you need them . All this I know very well .

Al, the proper term is: 'Urban Resource Reclamation Engineer'. Not 'dumpster diver'.
Jeez, get with the modern world would ya? :)

Back