How'd it go today?

You might have to request a electric service drop. As y'all are running on borrowed power or nukes down there aren't ya? And by borrowed I mean borrowed from us!:P

I swear, we'll give it back.:D We get a lot of natural gas from Canada here on the left coast also. Thanks guys. Longest undefended border in the world.

Undefended but certainly not as unwatched as it once was. Which certainly in this day and age is a good thing. Our country is so lax on crime I'm certain it would make us a target for international criminals/terrorists. If I had my way we'd certainly put an end to that though.

We're having an election up here too and all the political bs is starting to flow. The conservatives are gonna get 'tough on crime'. What a load of malarky. Ya wanta get tough on crime? Bring back capital punishment and start using it.

dingo needs new track idler bearings, thought it would be over the counter. nope b here from ohio next week, metric nonsence:D
then the bucket has been over heating easier and easier so i replaced the water pump and thermostat. neither seemed real bad but they were easy. shoot water pump is waaaay easier than the thermostat:dur:
on the bright side we got alot done today

Willie you blow your rad out regularly on your bucket? I don't care how sharp of knives are in the chipper there's still alot of dust flying around somedays.

Willie you blow your rad out regularly on your bucket? I don't care how sharp of knives are in the chipper there's still alot of dust flying around somedays.

no i dont, it doesnt look to bad but im going to soak it one of these days and flush the fins

I blow mine out with compressed air and alot of shite comes outta there. Every couple of weeks I try and hit it and everytime alot of dust comes out.

Yes it is a bit of a pita to monkey the air nozzle in there on mine too. But heh it can't hurt I'm very aware of heat with my rigging as often times I'll end up pulling the big hill up to my house loaded with chips and the chipper. It's a little much for the old girl but by not pushing it to hard and keeping things maintained and fluids topped up I'm planning on getting every last mile outta my bucket.

i try not to pull the chipper and a load with the bucket if im around hills. it weighs 22k empty and has hyd/elec brakes

Willie, I hate to admit it but Skwishey is right on this one. I first learned that trick about 10 years ago at Davey. The bucket truck I was driving was only 3-4 years old but it started overheating real easy on me. I hit the radiator with the water hose nozzle and washed a bunch of crud out of the fins. PITA but the next day it didn't overheat, the temp gauge stayed right where it was supposed to. After that I made it a point to do that on a regular basis.

Yesterday afternoon a lovely woman thought it wise to ferk up my afternoon by pulling out in front of me, trying to turn across lane (from the opposing lane) into Wal Mart.

$1502 was the quote from the body shop.

DSC05172.jpg

DSC05173.jpg

My insurance (State Farm) has decided it's her fault, I decided it's her fault, her insurance (E-surance) is still investigating it.

The only reason it's not open and closed (IMO) is because I slowed down and moved to the left to avoid her, hitting her in the rear wheel as opposed to the front corner of her vehicle.

Killed some 1/2 dead live oaks today, most hung up in other trees from root ball breaking and some storm damage from last winter. Lady hired me to take them down at a her friends house to help her out, and she payed us to buck, split and deliver the fire wood also. I have her on for another day of it, this time electric company kills still standing after being topped to crap. Now this is how to make money doing firewood LOL...

I ground a couple of stumps today, helped my son flush the radiator on his car and went to Modesto and bid and booked a nice job for next week. Deva, I'm sorry.

I did an emergency removal the other day. The customer offered to trade a '78 half ton gmc step side manual 4x4 in exchange for the work.
Checked it out and it looks good. Guy put in over 3500 in repairs. Drives strong and straight etc. etc.
so i figure I will mess with it a bit, clean it up cause it had been sitting and flip it over quick for a profit.

Brought it down to get smogged, which is mandatory for that year around here. Damm thing was sucking air into the #8 cylinder. Intake manifold leak.
Called up the guy and gave him his options; take the truck back and pay me the 2 grand for the job, or pay me 500 bucks to do the repairs.
He went for the payment to me.
It takes me about 4 hours to yank off the top of those chevy 350 engines. So I did that yesterday afternoon. Damm manifold is cracked. One knuckle bleeding and banged my head good. Back hurts from hunching over and sitting inside the engine compartment of that truck.
Got an Edelbrock manifold for 60 bucks and I'll slap that on today. Left the truck parked, and some kid decided he wanted to check out the inside so pushed the wing window in and broke the bottom hinge. Now have to go to the junk yard and get another. Jeeez.

I keep asking myself why I do this crap. I could care less about the stupid truck, and I don't need the hassle.
When I got home I took a shower, but in bed my wife said my hands stank of gas and grease. So I had to get up and scrub my paws.
Getting too old to be doing this crap.

Back