How'd it go today?

:lol:

Plus you have to have the fittings to test, I have years and years of my Dad's "lunchbox transit", fittings from Massey's and Whitefarm.

Getting it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime.....

I agree with the frustration. You hand the experts something and say "I need this". Why would you think to double check their work.

Come on down my friend. You are always welcome. We are having our tree camp starting September 26th. Should be cooler up there, but not freezing. Bring the fam.
But seriously, you are welcome any time. Set you up like I did Jamie. Over at my parents B&B

:lol:

Plus you have to have the fittings to test, I have years and years of my Dad's "lunchbox transit", fittings from Massey's and Whitefarm.

It sucks having to drive all the way down there. There is nothing local. I can order the parts through O'Reillys sand have the hoses made there. But there is only 2-3 guys that even have a clue how to look up the fittings. They have very little in stock. No NAPA here. They just closed after down sizing, but they even used to have a machine shop there. Then that went, then the hydraulics went, then they went.
Now even if I have the hoses made there, no O rings. NONE. They try to sell you a kit that does not hold the pressure. It's bull shit.
So, 1 hour minimum drive one way.

Getting it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime.....

I agree with the frustration. You hand the experts something and say "I need this". Why would you think to double check their work.

Cost me a shat load of fuel with the 1 ton flat bed running a gasser 460....... Not to mention no AC in 90 plus and the frustration :lol:

"Cost me a shat load of fuel with the 1 ton flat bed running a gasser 460....... Not to mention no AC in 90 plus and the frustration "

When I read Raj's post I got some Cash stuck in my head

Been kind of a weird day.
Richard and I had 5 large, really shitty beech trees in dense undergrowth to finish to keep ahead of the forwarder.
Since the mail order bride is in Schweiz with my truck ( and bringing a minor truck load of cheese home:)) I'm driving her car and didn't want to risk the forest roads in that.
So we went together in Richards truck, in pouring rain from early on.
We just figured "tough it out and get'er done" He felled, I bucked.
On the last tree he put the face in and half the backcut waiting for me to finish bucking and limbing number second last, then cleared the second growth around it for the skid way.
Only to find that it had MAJOR back lean towards a nice little stand of planted, lovely maintained, 20 year old oaks!!!!!!!!!!!
Took us about 1½ hours and a veritable shitload of wedges to tip that one............in pouring rain.

That is what I HATE about summer logging hard woods. Can't see what you are doing half the time.

Then we got a call from the motorcycle shop, parts for the sick Honda St1100 would be delayed 5 days, so no company excursion to the mountains of Norway this weekend.

Man, we'd been planning that for ½ a year.

Bummed us both so severely that we went home, got on the computer and bought 3 tickets for a flight to Prague ( Czech Republic ) and rented a car.
We'll fly down on friday, head north inth the "Böhmischer Schweiz" national park , just drive and hike around and fly back monday.

Not what we had looked forward to, but better than nothing.
Czech beer is fantastic BTW ( Pilsen is in Czech republic).

The REAL Budweiser is brewed there.

Czech beer is fantastic BTW ( Pilsen is in Czech republic).

The REAL Budweiser is brewed there.

Bleeek! Czech pivo?

Slovaks and Czechs are always trying to out do each other in the best beer, and will send samples to each other to prove they have the better beer. One year a Czech beer was sent to Slovakia, with a note asking them to send a response of what they thought of the sample. The Slovaks sent back a veterinary note saying the horse was healthy! Buhahahhaha! (Slovak joke, the beer tasted like horse piss)

I really wanted to go to Slovakia.
They have some amazing forests there.

But we had to do with what was available.

I've never had Slovak beer.
Would love to try it.

Feel better now;)

Haha, we have a scraper blade under a Ford chassis with a 460 in it. Yesterday it burned through almost 40 gallons in 3 hours working on our main access road. Just drinking it down.

Not sure if we can get Czech beer up here, probably not.

Our market is saturated with the usual stuff, Miller, Coors, and Budweiser.

Lots of craft brews in MT, just hardly any of it any good. Oh, sure. Its great if you like orange peel, a nice lemon zest, or some coriander. Especially nice if you like a nice, refreshing drink while waxing your uni brow, or like a bit of beer while grooming your bikini line. Hits the spot if you have cramps.

I bet the world snickers at us when we say we like IPA's. Who the hell would drink that shit?

Give me a can of Speights you wankers.

Got a phone call from the forwarder driver. New guy haven't worked with him before.
He had just finished taking about two weeks worth of select logged beech out.
Told me: " You guys do a hell of a nice job, it is a pleasure to come in after you. I called and told the forest administrator the same thing!"

Since the new administrator and me are still getting to know each other, that really made my day.:)

Sometimes a thing like that makes the difference between a hard sweaty day and one with a fine ending.

Back