How'd it go today?

Constant trips back and forth for blood pressure checks, baby movement checks, pre-eclampsia is becoming a concern I guess. But they do not have a room for her yet. I guess it's a busy time of month for them. Looks like a 3 am delivery check in. Long day and long night.

Dingo is all fixed. Getting ready to order a new motor for when she goes.
Chipper injection pump is ready. But I am going to call them before I go pick it up (2 hour each way drive). I was told the timing disc was chipped and worn. Probably why I was not getting good push to the injectors every time. I was told they were going to order one. I guess when they tried, it had to come out of the UK and they opted to reface, touch up the gear and polish it? Sooooooo I just want to make sure they are going to stand up a guarantee that bit of clock work.
Mean while... The dump trailers are working their butts off hauling logs.....

The Ole judge ain't called back. Might not get out of jury duty.

Sucks, had a big trip planned to go to Baker Montana to a big, two day cover crop seminar put on by the USDA, NRCS, and SARE.

Baker is no small trip. 400 miles from me.

Should have told them I was booked on a Carnival cruise. I would have been off the hook for sure.

Of course, they would have no sooner believed that I was the brother of Jesus than I was going on a cruise. Plus, no one goes on vacation to Baker, MT.

I got no hope.

Lost a bid today, its only been pending for almost a year...
Was contacted to provide a price to cut back some elm branches that were overhanging a shed with solar panels. Tree belongs to the neighbour. Provided a proper estimate, specifications, will need rigging, zipline etc etc. Tree owner got another quote, I got asked to reduce mine a bit as the tree owner said they would take everything away. Against my better judgement I did. Last summer came, tree owner wanted to wait till winter, no leaves....waited....

Got a call two days ago from the shed owner, said tree owner was ready to go but they wanted to talk with me first. No problem, always good to make sure everyone is on the same page...

Went there today to talk to tree owner husband, first question what is your cash price? Second comment we have another bid for 900 and take it all away (my bid is 1200 and leave it..like YOU said), then he wants it all in his yard but no truck on the grass, no star pickets in case there are pipes....it goes ON!!
Then he says yes we want you to do it but my wife will be back later and she will call you to finalise...5pm.

Phone rings at 4pm, its the wife, thank you for your bid, but we are not going ahead with it....!!!!

I was actually a bit relieved, I could feel the deck stacking and it was lookie this was going to be a pain in the ass, not my problem any more

PS the 900 bit is the same company that gave it a total hack job probably about six years ago...before there were fragile solar panels below...should be interesting.

I had been asked to present a tree climbing class to the employees of the Minot Park District, in Minot North Dakota.

The class was held on private property in Minot. We had five participants in attendance. The class started with a safety discussion involving tree inspection, root zone inspections, and branch selection for the Tie In Point.

There was a lot of interest in climbing gear and techniques. All climbing instruction was done on doubled rope using the hitch climber pulley. We discussed knots tying, ascenders, lanyards, saddles, safety gear, rope inspection, saddle and bridge inspection, friction savers, redirects, slack management, communications and many other topics.

None of the employees had ever climbed before. They all work out of bucket trucks. More climber training will be scheduled for a later date.

It was a fun day and I look forward to the next class.

Joel

Talked to Nic/timbertramp on the phone this morning...hospital keeps giving them the runaround, calling them in then sending them back home 3 hours later. they are basically at the top of the induce labor list and dontinue to be put off by the hospital against their doctor's efforts. Meanwhile those in labor continue to come in and get rooms. He said the "new baby song" is playing about every ten minutes there. Nic is doing his best to keep from twisting off some heads.

Hoping things get moving for Nic. Hospitals are frustrating as hell.

Grendel, good stuff. One question. Why on your snap cuts do you go perpendicular to the way you snap them? I'll do it on a hard leaner. On straight stuff I'll cut so I can rock it back to snap and push to toss. Just curious is all.

Got pulled off the gas company stuff today. It was fine by me till I read the work order. Raise up and dead wood weeping willows around a pond. Most trees that's no big deal. Weeping willow tends to always be half dead wood and to raise them up is a PITA. The heat and humidity was to much for one of the new hires today:whine:so I had him call the boss to pick him up at 9:30 this morning. Oh to be young with no responsibilities. Wait a second. I was his age once, but I would tough it out because I had a responsibility to the company I worked for and the guys I worked with. He screwed us all today. Long, uphill drag. On the one removal I'd rig out 3 or 4 pieces and drop down to help the guys drag brush out to the chipper. I know this goes against most rules but let's just say I might have to touch up my spurs tomorrow. For the two guys that busted ass with me today I stopped and picked up a case of Gatorade and some fresh brownies from the bakery for tomorrow.

Back