How'd it go today?

Haha! Ruthless bastids, them farmers!

Out of curiosity, what brand of baler is he using? Dad had trouble with his New Hollands making consistent bales. They use China men to feed the hay where as John Deere uses an auger.

The JD balers were more consistent.

It's actually a little Deere baler he has. Not sure of the reason but there's a lot of variation.

That makes sense. My 2nd cut was less consistent and I've noticed more big variations in the bales.

Although my farmer has had issues with it everywhere I think. On the first cut they had a mobile Deere mechanic out looking at it while they were in my field. He picks most of the fields with a stacking bale wagon and he's had a hell of a time keeping his stacks upright with the differing bales.

I don't get my field picked because it costs more.

High rpm' and low speed for baling. Not sure how that would make them inconsistent though. Driving to fast seems to make fluff bales.

I hate when they do that shat.

My learning curve keeps getting better... meet my injection pump.
Pulled it today. Think i'be narrowed down the problem. Sending it out for rebuild. Could not read all the numbers on it till I pulled it and scraped perkins/caterpillar yellow off the tag.....
Fun fun....
I really need my chipper back!!!!

Attachments

• tmp_577-20160818_154030-224468233.jpg
    tmp_577-20160818_154030-224468233.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 29
  • tmp_577-20160818_174107671020926.jpg
    tmp_577-20160818_174107671020926.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 29
Going to let an expert mess with all the little moving parts inside. Was enough for me to pull the damn thing. At least I had an inspection cover to access the timing gear on it. So I did not have to remove the whole timing cover :|:

I had an easy day today, little multi stem box elder and a dying red pine. Back to the shop by 11. Could've used more hours but I'll take the short day today. Last night we was up to the hospital till about midnight. Wife has been having labor pains, I guess she's got till Tuesday to go have the baby naturally then the doctor is gonna induce.

Congrats Nic. Another one of us to enjoy these sleepless nights. Catching up on here I missed my chance to get a nap in. I think I hear him stirring. If I act asleep, the wife will wake up ( I hope)

My buddy has a 50 watt with a 10, and it shakes the room.

I had to go one step higher...

Are you not familiar with Hartke?

They are supposed to be the best bass amps out there...

Oh, yes. Just no one has them up here. We always talk about trying one, just never found one to play through.

My stuff is mostly Ampeg and Fender.

My gig rig used to be a 1200 watt hybred Ampeg head through a 4x12 Fender cab with Mesa Boogie speakers. I blew the original fender speakers. I blew the cab apart and now borrow a 1x15 peavey cab.

My Fender 300 combo amp I used to gig with got thrown off a stage and is now destroyed. It did not sound any better after it was thrown off either.

I am in the market for a small combo amp in the 300 watt range.

Back