How'd it go today?

Damn Benn you got some tight places there. You're probably one of the few tree guys (in the U.S.) that's drives a Beamer for his everyday ride:thumbup:

Benn, exceptionally fine wheels, sir. But I wouldn't trade you work/living places nor rides for nuttin' :D. Give me Oregon backwoods and my Jag XKR...just sayin' :)

Nice car B! I awlays liked the shape of those. I saw a lovely new Jag on the rd other day, not sure of the model.... and a new shape BMW which was gorgeous!

https://vimeo.com/150926885
Lovely job today, compared to yesterday's easy work. Whole of the back tree was over the house.
https://vimeo.com/150927294
27dea6fa1328835b10a4f0d1a2ebbaa8.jpg

1230 lunch time. Having looked at it from the street I'm gonna fell the whole thing. Screw busting any more balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome pics, Benn. I for one am digging those pics of urban tree work! To be doing hard core tree work with a clear, close view of the freedom tower, that's just nuts!!

One question I have about urban treework... I capiche the whole thing about carrying trees out thru the house, that is nuts but i get it. But how do you get a parking space for your truck and chipper???

I like the Beemer, be cool to see the backseat full of tree gear and sawdust8)

Well, Jim, more power to you, I wouldn't have believed you could get frozen ground so deep, especially this time of year.

Well, Jim, more power to you, I wouldn't have believed you could get frozen ground so deep, especially this time of year.

I don't see why not? It can depend on the ground somewhat but six feet down here is the safe depth for a waterline. Anything less and you're risking freezing, I know this first hand.

But how do you get a parking space for your truck and chipper???

A big friggin' gun lol. No, luck! Thats the first day they used their new chipper. It will be tougher from now on... But easier in the long run. Theres a lot of double parking, and days where one side of the treet needs to be clear for cleaning... so use what ya got.

Got the Fire Brigade chainsaws out last night at training, gave them a clean up and service, then went up to a member's block and we cut two ton of firewood to give those who don't use chainsaws much a bit of an exercise.
We sold the firewood to a deserving member of the community for a big discount, and the funds to our expense account...visit to the saw shop is coming up for spare parts! We have to maintain our saws at our own expense.

Ha the boot is full of climbing gear at the moment... but no sawdust. YET

Isn't that a beemah? In your neck of the woods.

Damn fine automobiles, I hate to admit. I don't know the model number of my buddies car and it's off the road for the winter but man does it handle like a dream. His is some sort of a street/race production thing, perfect weight balance front to back with a trunk mounted battery from the factory.

Ha. We had concluded my friend and I that my 350z was faster straight line but that his beemur had the edge in handling.

Back