How'd it go today?

Do what ya gotta do! Nobody wants a snarling ole grizzly bear around the house!

I stayed home too, waiting for the pager to go off. Tense time for emergency services. I was on the schedule for covering the reservation hospital for transfers, but no calls were made!

No car wrecks or house fires either on the fire department side. Still, I dont sleep very well when I am on duty. Scared to death of sleeping through the page.

Yah I find no one in my household cuts me a break for the 2-4am starts i do sporadically all winter and December was a stellar month for my plot business

Harder to appreciate something, like someone getting up before the crack of dawn, that a person doesn't see for themself. In this case, due to eyelids.

Was up way to late reading and then got a call from the nieghbor at seven am. He buried his bobcat out in his horse pasture. We fought with it for a bit and left it. I did a few things around the house. Then ran to work to get another bobcat. I need to do some things out side any how and we will get him out around dawn tomorrow since it's supposed to be crispy overnight. Nothing like stuck equipment for the new year

Harder to appreciate something, like someone getting up before the crack of dawn, that a person doesn't see for themself. In this case, due to eyelids.

Yah it cracks me up sometimes. Oh well they're over it. We went to a outdoor open fire lunch that some friends do every New Year's Day and them we're off to my parents place for dinner shortly.

Hope it comes out without a headache.

Customer is giving me a 2000 dodge durango 4.7l been maintained mechanically, recently passed emissions, needs a little body work (probably a lot) but it's less work than my 2001 buick I have sitting around rusting away, and it has a tow package. Beggars can't be choosers.

nice get peter
I trashed picked a 2oot today.Can you believe that!
bring it home and put some gas in her and it fired right up.
but it will not stay running, Im gonna order a carb kit and new lines.
the cylinder looks great inside.
anything else I should check or do??

An obvious one and I don't want to be insulting, but since you didn't mention it, have you tried adjusting the carb? How long does it run before it shuts down? A stiff diaphragm(s) will often tell you that the carb kit will likely be your remedy or a part of it. Fuel tank breather should be clear. Put in a new plug or at least one that you know is good. If you are putting on a carb kit, might as well clean the carb before. With the carb off, make sure the impulse passage is clear.

yea thanks for then tips woodworkingboy.I only had a few minutes to mess with it. hopefully tomorrow ill have some more time.
Never had one before,so im a little excited.I need to get it opened up to see whats doing.(ill report back,im sure ill need some help with it somewhere.)
oh it will run until I hit the gas.like its straving for fuel..

Nice score! Wish I could help you out but I'm really not to good with that stuff. I pay someone to do these things cause I'll usually screw that carb stuff up

This was todays project, got a late start after running out this morning to borrow the wet saw and trowels. This was a first for me, I've never done any stone or tile work before. I'm glad I started with an easy one.

Office Wall.jpg

This is our holiday week project, the wife's new office. Her old one is smaller and never actually got finished. We got a wall up, a door hung, light and outlets ran and called it good enough.
This one was a crowded storage area last week. We started it the day after Christmas, wall is up, door hung, wiring done, drywall, spackle and paint done, and the stone wall today, record time for my construction projects. Julia and her dad are doing the laminate flooring tomorrow while I go down to Delaware (about 2.5 hrs) to pick up my new-to-me '89 F450 stake body dump with lift gate. (Which we hope makes it home, it hasn't been on the road for a few years).

Hey sawman...don't forget to check the condition of the fuel line as well, running then cutting out when you give it throttle could be small cracks in the fuel line, sucking in too much air. I've had that happen on other saws.

I knew it wouldn't be long......saw first tree guy in ER. 30' fall. T12 fracture.....drove himself...one wrong move from paralysis .

Be safe

Thus the reason for holding C-spine and immobilizing a victim of trauma until the docs can rule out serious injury...a lot of people get up from a fall and "shake it off".

Spinal fractures can be asymptomatic...until all of a sudden just the wrong move severs the spinal cord. Hope he can make it OK.

Thus the reason for holding C-spine and immobilizing a victim of trauma until the docs can rule out serious injury...a lot of people get up from a fall and "shake it off".

Spinal fractures can be asymptomatic...until all of a sudden just the wrong move severs the spinal cord. Hope he can make it OK.

My friend was just telling me how he had two 220 pound 5/8's drywall sheets dropped on him, by the rookie, who pulled the load down when his feet slipped on slippery ground, rather than throw it away, as Plan B had been discussed. He went weeks with a broken spine. When he shifted the semi once, with the clutch, his legs went numb. They operated that night.

Back